• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 5:44 PM

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

What kind of camera?  Can it do SSL?  It's required now for email.  If not you can call AT&T and see if they will unblock port 25 for you.  They used to do it but not sure if they still will.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

The camera is a Panasonic BL-C140. 

The camera data sheet lists SSL as a supported protocol. 

It is strange that the camera has been working great for a long time and now suddenly won't email at all.

The camera has an error log.  Each time it fails to send an email it posts the following three error codes:

Protocol SMTP, Division 143, Code 80004003H

Protocol SMTP, Division 143, Code 250

Protocol SMTP, Division 143, Code 80004003H

Is there any way to figure out where the problem is by troubleshooting? 

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Here is what Panasonic says the error code means:

80004003HCould not connect to SMTP server.
  • The address of SMTP server is incorrect.
    ==>Set it correctly.
  • An incorrect Default Gateway in Network setting on the camera.
    ==>Set a correct Default Gateway address.
  • SMTP server does not work normally.
    ==>Contact a network administrator or provider to confirm it.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I also located this: http://www.networkwebcams.com/ip-camera-learning-center/2011/08/12/how-to-email-alerts-from-panasonic-ip-cameras/

It also says that after any changes you need to re-start the camera for the changes to take effect.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions but I am still unable to get the camera to send emails. 

Not sure what to do.  I have changed the settings to what is recommended on the ATT Email server settings (POP and SMTP) page:  outbound.att.net and port 465.  After making this change I get an error code 80004002H. 
Could not receive the response from SMTP server.

• SMTP server does not work normally.
    ==>Contact a network administrator or provider to confirm it.

I am able to send mail with these settings using windows mail.

I dont know what else to do with this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I would suspect that it's not the "provider" as you mentioned your regular email is working.  Take a look at this: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&cv=812#fbid=euBkPSjxPr- and see how many of the fields you can match in your camera.  One of the main things is "SMTP requires authentication" and "server requires SSL".

If you still can't get it to work I would recommend you call Panasonic support and see if they can help.  Maybe there is a software upgrade they can provide you for the camera to correct this issue?  Other than this I'm all out of ideas.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I looked at SMTP2go.com, but I think my camera sends more than 20 emails per day which exceeds the free limit. 

I did find a workaround using my Synology DiskStation NAS.  It has surveillance station which can email motion notifications.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

So frustrating... I have done everything that all have talked about here and elsewhere, and it still doesn't work.  I don't have access to a workaround.  Any other suggestions?  Besides:

outbound.att.net

port 587

at&t email address with master password or email password (both tried)

turn on sensor deactivation so emails are sent no more frequent than 1 minute apart.

use SSL.  

It should work, but it doesn't.  Open to other suggestions!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem I am having 

Panasonic BLC-131 was sending E-mail triggered photos for few years - then all of sudden

stopped working recently

original settings were   SMTP  smtp.att.yahoo.com PORT 25

Now the Tech Support is stating  outbound.att.net Port 465       ---->  tried this & it does not work

Have you figured around a FIX?     Thanks 

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @ubrahme-2104,

Along with changing the SMTP port and address, you want to make sure that you have the setting enabled to connect using authentication (your E-mail and password) and make sure you have the SSL option checked. 

Hope this helps fix it.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.