3 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 5:44 PM

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I think the answer is in a post I just stumbled across.  Apparently they've implemented a policy where you have to successfully complete a CAPCHA every so often for each e-mail account, or they block SMTP/POP3 access until you do.  So, to keep it working, you have to login to the WEB interface (watch a few ads, complete a CAPCHA) every so often.  I do not know what the frequency is.

Yes, I think it's stupid.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Even if stupid, I'll do it if it would work.  I googled CAPCHA so I know what that is now, but how do I force that?  I tried going to the web interface of my email and logging out and logging back in, but it didn't ask me to do anything special.... 

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

10 years ago

That is rather stupid.  We use computers to simplify our work and our life, not make it harder.  They shouldn't be throwing roadblocks into that.  Does yahoo want people to run their own mail server or switch to a different email provider.

P.S. Why is AT&T's yahoo mail offering only available in POP, when Yahoo supports IMAP?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

If an e-mail service is not working , why not use another one?

http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Tried gmail, aol, yahoo, sbcglobal, gmx.... gmx worked for about 10 minutes then also quit.  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I guess I misunderstood. I was thinking e-mails would be sporadic. If motion is detected and an e-mail is sent, it would be an alert. It should also start a timer to not send another for some period of time or until you manually reset it. If you want a continuous view you go to a website to view the cameras.

I can see where e-mail providers do not want to be flooded with constant redundant e-mails.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I fail to see why a few emails to alert me of a trigger to a security camera would be considered a problem for the ISP.  I receive what seems like a million emails from countless vendors all day long, and a few outgoing messages is a problem?  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I am having this same problem on ATT DSL.  My camera has been emailing me fine for a couple of years but it stopped working this week. 

Has anyone found the fix for this?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Did you try this?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I did try logging in at the att com page, but it did not help.  http://www.att.com/#fbid=1GgVCPTmxLJ

Is this the CAPCHA that you are referring to?

I did not think this was the problem since I am still able to send emails from windows mail on my ATT account. 

My camera has been working for a while with the following settings:

Email Transfer

SMTP Server IP Address or Host Name:  smtp.att.yahoo.com

Port No.(Usually Use 25):  25

Since it stopped working I have tried changing the host name to outbound.att.net and I tried changing the port settings to Port 587 then Port 465.  None of these changes caused the email to start working again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.