Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

As of 12/10/2013, all mail clients that want to send mail through AT&T's mail servers must support SMTP authentication, and must support SMTP encryption. Just changing the port number is not enough.

My suspicion, based on the screenshots from the networkwebcams.com web site, is that your Panasonic Cameras support authenticaton, but do not support encryption, therefore they won't send mail through AT&T's mail servers.

You might investigate smtp2go.com, they provide several work-arounds to enable mail to be sent from nearly any client.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

We arre using invisable type on this thread.Smiley Very Happy

(edited)

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Jamnjk, if you would give more details that would be good.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

ATT changed out equipment from westell 6100 to Motorola NGV510.  I did port forward and I can see cameras from LAN and also from Internet just fine as well as from smartphone. The only thing that now does not work even with new ATT SMTP and POP servers and ports i.e. inbound.att.net and 465 and outbound.att.net and 995 with SSL set..................the camera is getting SMTP errors i.e. invalid SMTP address for server and is not sending emails as it was with the Westell 6100 when it detected motion?????????????????

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Don't know if you have done this but maybe try rebooting the camera in question.  Remove power from it and let it come back up and then try it with the new settings you entered.  See if that helps.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

You will probably need to reconfigure your cameras:

SMTP server: outbound.att.net
SMTP port: 25
SMTP encryption: None
SMTP Authentication: Yes, use your AT&T e-mail address as the username, and the master account password as the password.

This should enable the cameras to send e-mail.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Everything SomeJoe7777 said, except use port 587.  I have multiple Panasonic network cams working well this way.

Also, if you have multiple cameras, it's good to set up separate e-mail sub-accounts for each.  That way if one camera generates a ton of e-mails and gets you locked out of SMTP, it doesn't affect all of the cameras.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Does this still work for you?  I've been using Panasonic IP cameras in two different locations for years now, and email when triggered always worked like a charm.  Suddenly, within the last few weeks, email no longer works.  I tried your settings, and a ton of others and nothing works.  It's not the router, because it's happening at two different locations that have two different routers, and the only thing that changed in either network was the emails no longer send.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

So, a modification to my previous post.  Although I do not have Uverse (just ATT DSL), there was a Uverse upgrade in my neighborhood recently, and I bet it was the same time that the camera stopped sending emails.  The ATT account doesn't work to send emails from 465 or 587.  Any other suggestions out there?  Thanks. 

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

10 years ago

It's possible that they started to worsen your service to get you to "upgrade". I wonder if AT&T does that on purpose. I did notice that my ADSL line slowed down when they rolled out ADSL2 in my neigborhood. They also took away the higher tier offerings. I check every so often and my ADSL speedtest runs were definitely slower when ADSL2 came into the neighborhood than when I first had it. I eventually caved and got ADSL2 when they increased the price on the older ADSL.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.