Contributor

Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

Message 1 of 33 (6,054 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Panasonic IP Camera cannot send emails from camera after uverse instal

[ Edited ]

We arre using invisable type on this thread.Smiley Very Happy

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 33 (5,931 Views)
Expert

Jamnjk, if you would give more details that would be good.

Message 3 of 33 (5,888 Views)
Contributor

ATT changed out equipment from westell 6100 to Motorola NGV510.  I did port forward and I can see cameras from LAN and also from Internet just fine as well as from smartphone. The only thing that now does not work even with new ATT SMTP and POP servers and ports i.e. inbound.att.net and 465 and outbound.att.net and 995 with SSL set..................the camera is getting SMTP errors i.e. invalid SMTP address for server and is not sending emails as it was with the Westell 6100 when it detected motion?????????????????

Message 4 of 33 (5,880 Views)
ACE - Master

Don't know if you have done this but maybe try rebooting the camera in question.  Remove power from it and let it come back up and then try it with the new settings you entered.  See if that helps.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 33 (5,813 Views)
Expert

You will probably need to reconfigure your cameras:

SMTP server: outbound.att.net
SMTP port: 25
SMTP encryption: None
SMTP Authentication: Yes, use your AT&T e-mail address as the username, and the master account password as the password.

This should enable the cameras to send e-mail.
Message 6 of 33 (5,795 Views)

Everything SomeJoe7777 said, except use port 587.  I have multiple Panasonic network cams working well this way.

Also, if you have multiple cameras, it's good to set up separate e-mail sub-accounts for each.  That way if one camera generates a ton of e-mails and gets you locked out of SMTP, it doesn't affect all of the cameras.

Message 7 of 33 (5,272 Views)
Tutor

Does this still work for you?  I've been using Panasonic IP cameras in two different locations for years now, and email when triggered always worked like a charm.  Suddenly, within the last few weeks, email no longer works.  I tried your settings, and a ton of others and nothing works.  It's not the router, because it's happening at two different locations that have two different routers, and the only thing that changed in either network was the emails no longer send.  

Message 8 of 33 (5,057 Views)
Tutor

So, a modification to my previous post.  Although I do not have Uverse (just ATT DSL), there was a Uverse upgrade in my neighborhood recently, and I bet it was the same time that the camera stopped sending emails.  The ATT account doesn't work to send emails from 465 or 587.  Any other suggestions out there?  Thanks. 

Message 9 of 33 (5,035 Views)
Scholar

It's possible that they started to worsen your service to get you to "upgrade". I wonder if AT&T does that on purpose. I did notice that my ADSL line slowed down when they rolled out ADSL2 in my neigborhood. They also took away the higher tier offerings. I check every so often and my ADSL speedtest runs were definitely slower when ADSL2 came into the neighborhood than when I first had it. I eventually caved and got ADSL2 when they increased the price on the older ADSL.
Message 10 of 33 (5,014 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

I think the answer is in a post I just stumbled across.  Apparently they've implemented a policy where you have to successfully complete a CAPCHA every so often for each e-mail account, or they block SMTP/POP3 access until you do.  So, to keep it working, you have to login to the WEB interface (watch a few ads, complete a CAPCHA) every so often.  I do not know what the frequency is.

Yes, I think it's stupid.

Message 11 of 33 (5,012 Views)
Tutor

Even if stupid, I'll do it if it would work.  I googled CAPCHA so I know what that is now, but how do I force that?  I tried going to the web interface of my email and logging out and logging back in, but it didn't ask me to do anything special.... 

Message 12 of 33 (5,006 Views)
Scholar

That is rather stupid.  We use computers to simplify our work and our life, not make it harder.  They shouldn't be throwing roadblocks into that.  Does yahoo want people to run their own mail server or switch to a different email provider.

P.S. Why is AT&T's yahoo mail offering only available in POP, when Yahoo supports IMAP?

Message 13 of 33 (5,006 Views)
ACE - Expert

If an e-mail service is not working , why not use another one?

http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm
Message 14 of 33 (4,997 Views)
Tutor

Tried gmail, aol, yahoo, sbcglobal, gmx.... gmx worked for about 10 minutes then also quit.  

Message 15 of 33 (4,993 Views)