Helpful Links

PC to Laptop using NVG510

Highlighted
Tutor

PC to Laptop using NVG510

I'm thinking of getting a laptop and wonder if I can access the files, video, games, etc. on the desktop pc wirelessly using the NVG510.  My desktop is wired to the NVG510 using an ethernet cable(so it's wired); I do not have a wireless(WiFi) card in the desktop.  How do I do this(set it up)?  I have the wireless shut off on the NVG510 at the present BUT I can turn it back on with no problem.  Thanks to all who reply

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ACE - Expert

Re: PC to Laptop using NVG510

Leppy99 - Sure you can. I have two computers. Both access the U-verse network both wired & wi-fi & I have the files set to sharing so I can pass data between the two.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

I believe a very common set up (and what I have) is to have a desktop with a wired connection and use wi-fi for laptops, tablets, cell phones, smart TVs and other wi-fi enabled devices. File sharing is fairly easy to set up and all modern laptops are wi-fi equipped.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
ACE - Expert

Leppy99 - Sure you can. I have two computers. Both access the U-verse network both wired & wi-fi & I have the files set to sharing so I can pass data between the two.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

I believe a very common set up (and what I have) is to have a desktop with a wired connection and use wi-fi for laptops, tablets, cell phones, smart TVs and other wi-fi enabled devices. File sharing is fairly easy to set up and all modern laptops are wi-fi equipped.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support