For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
flywheal's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 4th, 2016 11:19 AM

PACE 5268AC - MAC FILTERING

Trying to set up MAC filtering on my new PACE 5268AC.

Following the obvious approach: Settings->LAN->Wi-Fi->MAC Filtering.  Then adding an active MAC # to the Blocked Devices and clicking on "Enable MAC Filtering" yields a dialog (sometimes) for inputting the "Device Access Code" but then red box with "Errors".

The inability to establish  MAC filtering is a great inconvenience and potential security risk.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

CHL

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you TeamWinn.

All I did was disabl the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and I was able to enable Mac Filtering.

I must have a newer version of the software because I do have the option to disable Wi-Fi Protected Setup for 5 GHz.

My software version is:  10.5.3.527171-att

Zyxian

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

@JefferMC said: If I had to do that at my house, I'd likely throttle their Internet to 56Kbps using my ASUS router.

So, can you do that with the 5268AC?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sorry to say but this does not correct the issue for me, my WPS is not enabled and it still gives me errors when i try to enable MAC address filtering

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I also cannot get Mac Filtering to enable. I get the "Errors" box every time I try to enable it. Will attempt to factory reset the box when the activity has died down for the day. 

My device is 5268AC and my software version is also 10.5.3.527171-att

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This is, for me, absolutely untrue! I have spent countless hours with AT&T on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no success whatsoever. AT&T has sent me THREE Pace  routers over the past two months -- each time claiming the next one will totally eliminate the issue and each time, after spending much time with the installation process, has proven to be a replication of the previous effort. I find it beyond the pale for a company the size of AT&T to be unable to provide either the product or the expertise to resolve what is OBVIOUSLY a serious and on-going issue with the public at large. I am quite sure AT&T has decided, in-house, that they can just push this junk off on the public and the law of large numbers will prevail.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Absolutely untrue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@UserPat wrote:

This is, for me, absolutely untrue! I have spent countless hours with AT&T on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no success...

Exactly what is untrue?  Exactly what issue are you experiencing?  There are a lost of posts on this thread with variations.  You need to be more specific.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have tried on many multiple occasions to get MAC filtering to work with the 5268. I have exactly the same symptoms as all the rest of those who have contributed to this discussion. AT&T puts out that the problem "is solved" just by disabling the WPS. Simply not true. As with so many of the others comments; I too have spent countless hours chatting and talking with AT&T to no avail. As with others; I have spent money with the "experts" guaranteeing fixes by remoting in to my router only to get nothing but disappointment. The 5268 is simply a piece of junk. I ended up following the advice of others and purchased an ASUS RT-N66W router and am justing using the 5268 as a modem. Regardless of all the hype about how wonderful AT&T is; I find the support from this company to be very poor......mountains of misdirection and outright lies with little to no assistance.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

1) I disabled WPS for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz.  I still get the "error" message when I try to enable mac filtering.

2) Rescan for Devices does not bring up any Mac addresses.  How can I get this to scan?  I have many devices connected.

3) I also tried adding a blocked address first and then try the enable of mac filtering.  Still get error.

My router info:

Manufacturer     Pace Plc
Model     5268AC
Hardware Version     260-2173300
Software Version     10.5.6.529489-att

System Software ComponentsType Version

att_unified_cms-certs    529489
att_unified_config    529489
att_unified_eapol-certs    529489
Firewall Rules        1000
Application List    1001

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

1) I disabled WPS for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz.  I still get the "error" message when I try to enable mac filtering.

2) Rescan for Devices does not bring up any Mac addresses.  How can I get this to scan?  I have many devices connected.

3) I also tried adding a blocked address first and then try the enable of mac filtering.  Still get error.

My router info:

Manufacturer     Pace Plc
Model     5268AC
Hardware Version     260-2173300
Software Version     10.5.6.529489-att

System Software ComponentsType Version

att_unified_cms-certs    529489
att_unified_config    529489
att_unified_eapol-certs    529489
Firewall Rules        1000
Application List    1001

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.