Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Opening NAT for Arris NVG589 for Xbox one

Highlighted
Contributor

Opening NAT for Arris NVG589 for Xbox one

Hey all,

I found this on a comment from someone else's question. I just wanted to repost it and confirm that it worked and opened my NAT for me on my Xbox one! 

ATT tried to charge me $50 to have this done so I am very thankful for finding this and wanted to share it with everyone. Don't give ATT more money if you dont have to!! 

"

Aug 18, 2014 8:08:54 AM

Employee

Edited by ATTU-verseCare on Oct 12, 2014 at 4:55:51 PM

Here's for NVG :

Step 1: You have to access your modem.

Start up a web browser (any one will do).

Next go to the address bar and type 192.168.1.254 and hit enter. This will take you to the main interface for your box where you may access a number of settings for your modem. You will also be prompted to provide an access code which will be located on the box itself and labeled "access code"

Step 2: Now, in order to allow for the changing of your NAT type from strict or moderate to open, you have to click on "Firewall." From here you have to click on the NAT/Gaming option which will take you to a page which gives you 3 registers: Hosted Applications, Application Hosting Entry, and Manage Custom Services.

Step 3: Under Manage Custom Services, you have to click the Custom Services option. Here, there will be an empty Service Entry page with the options: Service Name, Port Range, Base Host Port, and Protocol. Now, in order for your NAT type to change from moderate or strict to open for xbox live, which will allow you to connect to parties and games reliably, you have to create 4 individual custom services, and add them to the list.

Step 4: You have to create 4 services, and I will layout the creation process below: For the First one: Service Name: Port 88 UDP Global Port Range: 88-88 Base Host Port: 88 Protocol: UDP Then click add, For the next one: Service Name: Port 3074 UDP and TCP Global Port Range: 3074-3074 Base Host Port: 3074 Protocol: Both Then click add, For the next one: Service Name: Port 53 UDP and TCP Global Port Range: 53-53 Base Host Port: 53 Protocol: Both Then click add, For the last one: Service Name: Port 80 TCP Global Port Range: 80-80 Base Host Port: 80 Protocol: TCP Then click add. Now that you have all 4 custom services created they are in a list in front of you. Go down and click the return to NAT/Gaming button. This will bring you back to the page with the three registers.

Step 5: This step requires you to be connected to xbox live through the modem on your xbox 360 system. On the modem module, under the register titled Application Hosting Entry, you have to open the drop down menu titled "Needed by Device." Under this there should be Several IP addresses or names. You have to check what the IP address of your 360 system is and then make sure that for each entry you select this address for adding the service. Select the xbox system ip and then move up to the drop down menu labelled "Service." This will bring up a huge list of stuff that you will not care about. You need to scroll down until you find the four services you created, which will have a star next to their name. Ensuring you have the xbox system IP selected, select each of the custom services and then add them to the list. Now that all 4 of these services are added to the list, your xbox will recognize the ports as open and the NAT type as open. This will allow full connectivity to all aspects of xbox live with no trouble caused by a moderate or strict NAT type."

Good luck!

Message 1 of 34
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎05-25-2018 9:21 AM

Re: Opening NAT for Arris NVG589 for Xbox one

Thank you for sharing!

You will find additional support below:

Open NAT for XBOX One

A possible solution from @gamer_joey

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 34
Contributor

I can confirm that these instructions did work for my Xbox One, which was stuck in NAT Moderate until I followed these steps. Now I'm showing NAT Type: Open and all of my Xbox multiplayer and party chat functions are working properly. The instructions do not mention that you will get a warning pop up that says these changes may cause issues with your Uverse TV services, but I haven't had any issues with my TV at all. Also, I did have to switch off my power strip - which cut power to both my Xbox and Uverse Arris NVG589 Gateway modem - and completely reboot in order for the changes to take effect.

Now I'm a more satisfied Uverse customer.

Happy gaming!
Message 3 of 34
Contributor

I'm doing this on the Xbox 360 and under "Needed Device" I can't find my xbox 360. I found "Uverse_NODE_WIFI" Twice but different numbers after the words, and two "unknown" devices. I also found the connection my xbox connects to but not the IP itself. Any fixes?

Message 4 of 34
Expert

Travis0901 wrote:

I'm doing this on the Xbox 360 and under "Needed Device" I can't find my xbox 360. I found "Uverse_NODE_WIFI" Twice but different numbers after the words, and two "unknown" devices. I also found the connection my xbox connects to but not the IP itself. Any fixes?

I've seen needed device is their PC on a # of Xbox posts. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 5 of 34
Contributor

Just offer me clarification on Step 5 in general because I think I may have misread it but I can't figure out what to do even after rereading it for the twentieth time.

Message 6 of 34
Contributor

I followed these instructions, when i look at my network under settings it says NAT Type: Open, but when im in a game it says NAT Type: Moderate

not really sure where i went wrong

Message 7 of 34
Contributor

Just completed this on the NVG589, and it successfully allowed me to show Open NAT on XboxOne. However, when I switch over to Uverse cable TV, it is not longer working -- just getting a rotating ATT wheel in the corner of the screen. Any way to get Open NAT and TV? Thanks.
Message 8 of 34
Contributor

How did you do "STEP 5" on your xbox one?

Message 9 of 34
Tutor

Couple things to add:

1. If it still doesn't work, change the DNS settings on your xbox to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. When changing the IP to static, make sure you make the IP address the same it was before (ex. 192.168.1.xx). subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

2. Your xbox must be powered on for it to show up in the device list. If it's still not showing up, go to the Device tab>Device list>refresh. Sometimes it takes an inordinate amount of time for the xbox to show up in the list, so, be patient.
Message 10 of 34

Thank you so much for this post!

Message 11 of 34
Contributor

Alright so I was at moderate before I did this, and its now showing strict... Any ideas?
Message 12 of 34
Contributor

I tried this and keep getting 

Pinhole Conflict Detected XXX
 as an error when trying to add two of the four Port things in the final step(5). I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Message 13 of 34
Contributor

Hello, I tried this workaround step by step and it still isn't opening my NAT type from STRICT. It's a brand new XB1 and I can't see to figure out why my NAT is strict even after going through your steps. Is there any additional help with this please?
Message 14 of 34
Contributor

same thing happened to me. have you fixed the issue yet?

Message 15 of 34
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support