Helpful Links

Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

Tutor

Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

How do I go about to make the nat open on this new router for the xbox 360? By the way, I use a switch to plug in more ethernet cables if that makes any differences. I wasn't able to find anything about having your nat opened on this router.

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

Hi @sogar,

I apologize for any issues you are having with your Xbox Live connection, but I will be glad to help. If you just need to setup one Xbox / gaming system with an Open NAT, you can setup the NVG589 to be in a passthrough mode with your device. If you have multiple devices, you will need your own router, probably with uPnP support.

To setup the NVG589, here is a great post from one of our community members. The instructions are for an NVG510 but they will work with the NVG589.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support