For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jaywhy67's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2016 10:30 PM

ONT battery backup

The backup battery on my ONT for the Uverse system started beeping last night, and the replace battery light is red. I tried to talk to two different AT&T employees this morning and they were completely lost about what I was talking about, even though I explained very clearly what, and where the battery was. I wasted 40 minutes of my time and finally I gave up since I had to leave.

Does anybody know what I am talking about? You know that back up battery that is placed inside a white plastic box, sometimes in the garage, or closet, etc.?

Please refer me to the right department at AT&T who can take care of this issue.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Backup battery power, maintenance, and replacement are the customer's responsibility

Read more HERE

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks skeeterintexas, I forgot to mention tha the battery is still under warranty and that is why I was contacting AT&T, to have it replaced. I just need to know where to call.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jaywhy67  Contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below, by Need Help?

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service ONT BBU in-warranty problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply, possibly by email instead. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

My old ATT Uverse router had an external battery supply by Belkin.  I had the same problem, but when I talked to AT&T, they send a new router with an internal battery.  With the internal battery, ATT tech can monitor the battery state.

Also, the new router is much better.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

I got a new modem a few months ago and as stated, the battery compartment was empty.  I ordered the battery online for abut $30.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get the ONT battery connector/harness? The plug looks proprietary, and I can't find it anywhere online.

MVIMG_20180103_124138.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.