rottielover's profile

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 6:45 AM

Noisy line - UV Realtime pics

Hoping to catch SomeJoe's attention...   Apologize in advance if these pic's don't come out right, first post.

Profile Page

Error Table

Interfaces

Bitloading

As I understand the documentation, this is a very noisy line...  Remarkably, I'm still pulling 11.5 ish down and 1 up on speedtest.net

What if anything should I look into as far as correcting things?

2nd question on the Channels / Streams tab:   I'm running a config as referanced in your section 3, router behind gateway.  I have a Dlink DGL-4500 "gaming" router, capable of some limited multicast routing.  Just wondering if there's anything that can be done so that I can have my cake and eat it too (see the STB's even though I have a router between my PC and the gateway)...   With the capabilities of this router, I would think I should be able to get it working...

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Ya, that looks way better. Occasional corrected blocks are not a cause for concern, nearly every line occasionally rings up some corrected blocks once in a while.

You're showing no uncorrected blocks or or other signal loss errors, which is great. I'd say your line looks to be fixed.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

Just wanted to say "Thank you" to all those who helped me out on this!!!

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Excellent, glad everything's working!

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

😞    uhg.

My wife called me this morning to tell me that the TV and Phones are working, but that the internet is not.

When I get home from work, I'll investigate, in the mean time, does anyone know of any outages or localized problems in the St. Louis Area?

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

12 years ago

we had a vrad port go out - they fixed everyone and my stats went from 38K (32/5 profile 2200ft) to 45K (32/5 profile 2100ft) - same wires. i was barely on 32/5 and now i have 87% (before as high as 110% overallocated) 3801 was the only way to get 32/5 profile the 3800 couldn't do it back then.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

12 years ago

Interesting...

Sorry for the delay'd response.  By the time I got home, internet was working again.  I checked all the router stats with UVRealtime but nothing showed up.  In fact the error table was only showing about 2k corrected blocks.

I have no idea what happened. 

Keeping an eye on things.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Somejoe : Power Level" power level @ the house ? or Power level from the Vrad?

My Noise Margin and attenuation can be improve right?

It's only 15 foot of cat5 running to the router:  thanks for checking it outl

Stats-2012-12-19-01-52-30.png

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Power levels are reported the same as the RG reports them. While I don't have confirmation on this, I believe that the power levels are referenced at the RG. e.g. The downstream power level is the power level on the line as received at the RG, and the upstream power level is the power level on the line as it leaves the RG.

Your line looks like you may have an attenuator installed because you're very close to the VRAD. The values reported are normal for an installation with an attenuator.

I don't think anything needs to be done. To verify, just watch the error table to ensure that an unusual number of errors aren't accumulating.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.