Catmontty's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 5:15 AM

UVerse Restoration After Hurricane Irma

We have had power for 3 days after hurricane Irma yet our UVerse internet still does not work. When are we going to get service again? Every time I call, nobody in Customer Service can give me a straight answer. Many of us including me cannot work without Internet and every day is affecting our job status.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

My AT&T U-verse, which I depend on for phone and internet (TV also, but not as important) in West Boca Raton,. FL, was down for over 120 hours.  They were nearly impossible to contact, except for the uninformative, useless chat system.  While they would not respond to me, AT&T was quick to send a bill via email this morning.  Their bill does not reflect the fact that I did not have a month of service....   Has anyone had any luck getting AT&T to credit them for missing days of service? 

I addition, the service has been very fragile since "restoration" - it flickers on and off throughout the day and night.

I wish I had a better alternative for phone and internet, but I'm unfortunately in a so-called AT&T Connected Community, so I have no choice for TV.  But I can select another company for internet and phone.  By the way, they are not crediting prepaid MiFi data used during Irma as they claim......   

The company stock is going down and their pitiful responses give a clue why...

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

We were out for 10 days and ATTCares called me and then credited me $76 for
the inconvenience.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Sat 9/23, 2 weeks without any att services following Irma. 10 days for power. Notified att power up but no att services weds. Severed wire, which they already knew, saw truck by the severed wire last week. Was basically told not economical for them to send someone to diagnose until they had 5 requests. Someone came anyway thurs, now no end in sight no one at att can tell me when disbatch wire repair. So only utilities use systems that don't allow for interdepartmental communications?!? Told to look for truck outside to know when they're doing repair- that's insulting. Fpl and att apps and customer service completely useless when we needed any level of communication to protect families and livelihoods. Lines and poles are down b/c little to no upkeep on utility equipment. Not b/c of natural disaster. If you are a service provider in south Florida you should be able to have better than a 90% fail rate in eauiptment. Natural disasters are recasting to many without control. Horrible that multimillion dollar companies using this as excuse for them choosing to not spend money on risk mitigation and poor communication processes!

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

7 years ago

I sent the PM, Tony. I hope you see it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

When are we really getting service in 33143 zip code

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I live in South Florida , and just dealt with hurricane Irma , I've spoke to about 5 different representatives for my Uverse service , I FINALLY got my power restored yesterday , and received a letter in the mail saying att cancelled my account , now in order to have my services restored I have to pay 117$ and wait for them to come , first of how the was I suppose to pay my bill and/or know that they cancelled my services when I've been out of power for almost 2 1/2 weeks , att has the worst internet and they have no remorse !

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I do not have any internet(wifi) since 9/9/17.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

There has not been internet service for 16 days with my internet service that is very expensive, I have chat with support three time and always get the same answer: "the service will be restore within the day". It is incredible how ATT is incapable to solve the problem but willing to lied about it. but can not change provider the have the exclusive in my condo, so no other provider can get in, this is insane.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why no discount for lack of service after the hurricane? I called and was told they'd discount my bill. But to no avail. I had the same poor response last year after Matthew. Typical ATT.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Still no service- wire still down. Have seen minimal activity people working sporadically on local boxes for short periods of time.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.