For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
vasman1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2019 2:31 AM

No need to return router?

I canceled my DSL service and the tech on the phone told me how to return my router. Now today, I got an email from ATT saying there is no need to return my router with the specific model # in the email and that I should recycle it! Is this right cause the tech said I would get charged $150 if I didn't  return the router?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Ok, so it's a 3800HGV-B.  I asked the model because I think it's that model that att is no longer asking for return.  I base that on the fact that I had a friend who moved across the country I believe he also had a 3800HGV-B and got one of those att letters.  So he just left it in his old apartment when he moved.  So far att hasn't sent any demand for its return (almost a year now).

Ok, it's only one "data point" so it costs nothing to return it except the trip to UPS or FedEx, so in the end, when in doubt, return.

Still though, don't understand the reason for kudoing my just asking for the model number. Oh well, thanks..Man Happy

By the way your post 5 above includes your account number.  You shouldn't post personnel info in these public forums.  Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of your post 5 and click edit in the popup menu to edit the post.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

What model?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Why the kudo?  You didn't answer my question.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Remember to recycle. | view online

Service Disconnect Date: 08/26/2019

Don't worry about returning your equipment. Recycle it!

Hello ,

Thank you for your business. We've received your request to downsize your equipment needs or to disconnect your service (in which case we are sorry to see you go).

For your convenience, there is no need for you to return the equipment below:
Make: 2Wire
Model: 3800HGV-B
Serial: 301019085267

Hoping to welcome you back soon.

AT&T

Please recycle and keep electronic waste out of our landfills.
To help simplify your life and support the environment we've partnered with a 100% green compliant e-recycle center to take back your unused, non-repairable or outdated electronic devices. Visit directv.com/recycle for step-by-step instructions and to print a pre-paid shipping label.

Questions?
For questions regarding this message, go to att.com/contactus. This is an automated email so replies to the address will not be answered.

Privacy Policy

©2019 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T , the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
1DNR

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, I edited out my account number, could you do the same for your post please!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I didn't mention your account number in my post.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Okay, thanks for the info! Appreciate the help!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.