RipMeihoff's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, February 17th, 2019 12:41 AM

Nighthawk MR1100 firmware update problem

I have a Nighthawk MR1100 LTE Mobile Router. I have been trying to find a solution to update firmware.  NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00_ATT_03.12 is the latest firmware and my router is on NTG9X50C_12.02.06.01. In the firmware update section it says the " current software is up to date". My question: Is a manual download and install possible? I believe that my current firmware has a glitch that will not allow the unit to update. Thanks for any help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello all,

There's still no solution on that.

@ATTCares, just share the firmware NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00_ATT_03.12 to make us able to download and upgrade our devices manually.

Do You want to replace devices instead like You did there?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/9qeiv8/wifi_issues_nighthawk_mr1100_september_firmware/e9qzj94?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Looking forward to your answer!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I am sure this would not be an issue if AT&T would allow users to update there MR1100 device manually. This option

does not exist that I know of. I have read in other forums that the Telstra version of this device allows users to download

and select the firmware update from your computer. This seems to be a common problem with no help from AT&T experts.

Is there a new firmware update on the horizon? It has been 7 - 8 months since the last update. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.2K Messages

5 years ago

If Netgear is advising you to get support from ATT on this product, then they'll need to respond to you.

What I can tell you is that despite devices they provide having ability to manually update firmware, such as Arris and Pace routers, it is not their policy for end users to perform these actions and instead they control what firmware version and when the updates happen. Even the Airties 4920 was handled this way, ATT pushed the update themselves.

It's okay for you to not like it, but that's the way they roll.  Perhaps the Reddit solution is something worth pursing.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

After approximately 4 months of using my AT&T MR1100, it updated on it's own. WOW!

It must be magic. Maybe the update fairy flew over my house. If you are having this problem, I am

guessing the answer is to just be patient. Mine was working fine other than having the latest firmware.

I hope the update fairy visits you soon. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Att does not support their products just as netgear does not ! I’ve called both companies and they won’t replace my faulty device ! The first day I turned it on it worked for 4 hours straight now it’s in a constant reboot! Netgear says because it’s branded by Att that I have to contact them! I contacted ATt support and they were little to no help and told me to get the nighthawk replaced at place of purchase instead of sending a new one! Now I have a $250 paper weight! I’ve done resets I’ve changed the bands that it connects to I’ve taken the battery out I’ve done it all and it seems to be a hardware issue! There will be times where it will work flawless then if it’s in the car with me it will connect to a difference frequency or pulling too much data and it will reboot

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.