Helpful Links

Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

Tutor

Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

I need a cable(50ft-75ft) that goes from the phone jack in the wall to the 2Wire modem.

I bought this cable at Amazon and it didn't work: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Telephone-Phone-Extension-Cable/dp/B004BOPZ8S/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie...

That cable fit in the phone line slot behind the modem but it didn't work.  The lights on the front of the modem would just keep blinking.

I want to move my modem to a different room.  Can someone tell me what this cable is called that I'm looking for or link me to a site where I can buy one?  I need one at least 50ft.  75ft would be better.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

All you need is a Cat-5e with RJ-11 ends on it. As for 50-75 feet, it is easier to just pull a new jack to that location with Cat-5e, and RJ-11 Keystone for the jack, then plug the RG in at that point.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support