paultighe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 9th, 2013 12:08 AM

Need help connecting Chromecast to uverse router

I tried connecting chromecast to my 2wire router and having issues. Google is saying that UPnP needs to be enabled but I can't see anything in router settings to do this. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

NEVER MIND!  I had pulled the HDMI from the (new) AT&T DVR and replaced it with the Chromecast HDMI.  Once I added the Chromecast to another empty slot it worked.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had the same problem. I don't understand the reported solutions. My Gateway is Model 3800HGV. I contacted the manufacturer and got a useful response that solved my problem. I copy below the long message that I got from them. Their approach was too complicated for me to do all their steps but it turned out that doing just one of the steps was all that I needed. The critical step was to put the Gateway into DMZplus mode (whatever that is!). See highlighted  step #7 below. I still don't understand step #6 but it didn't seem critical.

-------------------------   Message from 2Wire suppport follows----------------------

I would recommend putting the gateway in DMZplus mode. If this works then you will know that you need to open up some ports.

In order to place a device on your home network into DMZplus mode, use the following steps:

1. Browse to http://192.168.1.254
2. Select the "Settings" in the top row of the page.
3. Select the "Firewall" tab in the second row.
4. Select the "Applications, Pinholes and DMZ" tab in the third row of the page.
5. Enter the system password for your 2Wire Gateway. (By default this is on a sticker on the side labeled "system password" or "device access code")
6. In box 1 select the device for which the firewall will be disabled
(This connection must be set to obtain an IP address via DHCP)
7. Click the "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)" radio button.
8. Apply the setting by clicking the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.
9. Reboot the device that was placed in DMZplus mode.

If that works then I have provided instructions for port forwarding below.

To forward a port through the firewall of your 2Wire to a specific device, please follow the following instructions:

1. Browse to http://192.168.1.254
2. Select the "Settings" tab in the first row
3. Select the "Firewall" tab in the second row
4. Select the "Applications, Pinholes and DMZ" tab in the third row
5. Click the "Add a new user-defined application" link if the application you are using is not in the pre-configured list
- If the application is on the pre-configured list, skip the next 3 steps
6. Name your rule in the Application Name box
7. Select the port (or port range) you wish to open, the protocol, and any other settings specified by the manufacturer of your application
- If multiple non-sequential ports are required to be opened, add each port's information then click the "Add To List" button
8. Once all needed ports are added, click the BACK button
9. In box 1 select the device you would like to associate with the rule
(This connection must be set to obtain an IP address via DHCP)
10. You will see the new rule (Application Name) on the list on the left
11. Add this rule so it appears on the right
12. Apply the setting by clicking the DONE button at the bottom of the page
13. Reboot the device you would like to associate with the rule

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm having the same issue, with the 3801HGV 2WIRE router.  I found a user guide for it, but I can't find any mention of toggling uPnP. I found the guide here by the way.  Are there so few U-verse subscribers having this issue with Chromecast?  This should have been addressed by now.  Any help with this, AT&T?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Beyond my pay grade.  Need to get into router and disable the "AP Isolation," whatever that is, I think.  

I agree - AT&T should have a fix for this by now.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having this same problem, but I don't understand the described solution. The explanation is the HDMI was pulled from the AT&T DVR and replaced with the Chromecast HDMI. Does this mean the 3 inch dongle adapter was put in between the DVR and the HDMI cable running to the TV?  Where was the "..other empty slot"?  In the TV or the DVR?

The Chromecast adapter is only to provide a more flexible fit for the dongle itself. I don't see this optional item providing enhanced connectivity.  The Chromecast dongle itself, does fit into an empty HDMI slot on my TV, but that doesn't help it connect to the network.  Could you please clarify your solution?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Tried all: 

-- Mac Address Control

-- Removing Security

-- UPNP was always on

Nothing Worked

MY ROUTER SETTING

-- Default setup with default wireles key.

-- No Mac Address Control

Then (SOLUTION)

-- RESET chromecast by Holding the button on it for 10+ Seconds

-- Click "HERE" on the bottom of this page.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3438461

-- It worked.. like a charm.. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I was having many of the same problems and tried a variety of the things suggested. I finally decided that it might be some interference from my wireless access point that I installed upstairs. I unplugged the access point and then went through the set-up process again. I was able to get Chromecast installed! Now, all I have to do is figure out how to reactivate the access point without it interfering with Chromecast.

FINALLY!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Were you able to find a way reactivate the access point without it interfering with Chromecast?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes - once I got it connected, I was able to reactivate the access point. However, the access point continues to cause some other problems, and I tend to not use it very much - keep it unplugged.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Only needed the first 8 steps of this answer -easier than it sounds if you're used to the router interface. Took 2 minutes.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.