Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need Assistance - Router Settings

Tutor

Need Assistance - Router Settings

Chromecast detection from PC Chrome browser stopped working about a week ago.  After extensive troubleshooting with Google, they sent me a list of router settings that need to be verified before they will continue to assist.  Uverse tech support can't help. Chromecast is working fine on the wireless network on android devices. 

Can anyone out there help me find these settings?  Router is Pace 5031NV. Windows 7 64 bit OS. 

From Google Support email: 

Be sure to enable or disable the following router features to allow Chromecast to communicate properly with your router and network. All routers are different, so each setting may or may not appear on your particular router (or may be named differently).

Keep in mind that resetting or making changes to your router settings may have unintended consequences. If you need help or have questions/concerns, contact your router manufacturer or internet service provider (ISP). 

• Enable: Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), multicast, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
  • Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy

Thank you in advance. 

-

Message 1 of 3
Community Support

Re: Need Assistance - Router Settings

Hi @jd21234,

We are sorry about the issues you are having with your Chromecast, but we will be glad to help. Since it is working on the Android devices, we can assume that the router settinsg are passing the traffic through, so uPnP should not be required. On your computer, you want to make sure that you do not have any VPNs, proxy servers, or possible firewall settings that may block this. We have noticed that a lot of times when Chromecast stops is due to an update in Windows or Firewall settings that block it. You may want to try disabling any virus scanners and Windows firewall on your computer.

Also, you want to ensure you are on the same network as your Chromecast was setup on.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎03-02-2016 8:18 AM

Re: Need Assistance - Router Settings

I think I just amazed myself by fixing the issue.  Here is the simple solution I somehow stumbled across for anyone else that has the same problem. 

Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center. 

I clicked "Connect to a network", and it brought up a list of networks including my home WiFi network.  When I clicked the home WiFi network, it asked for the WiFi security code.  I typed it in and - it worked!  Now Chrome sees the Chromecast, and in the network list the WiFi network now has "Connected" next to it. 

I will communicate this to Google also.  Thanks for replying. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support