Mikro's profile

Guru

• 

727 Messages

Saturday, April 16th, 2016 10:30 AM

NVG599 New Modem keeps dropping Vrad Link Keeps getting Losted

Hello As of April 8th 2016 6 Years of Rock Solid Uverse service not many Issues 2wire Modem I Had failed to grab the Latest Update causing Issues several service calls Later. A Gateway dropping it's Link constantly It got replaced with Arris NVG599 48 Hours the dropped connection continues 11:50pm Resets comes back up goes down again 3:30am eastern and will stay up through the day till 11:50pm then It dropps again resets stays up till 3:30am and stays up all day (Repeat)  My first Arris Gateway had a bug and crashed at 3:30am No phone it got replaced to the current one which resets no issues but It still constantly resets in the above time frame.

anyone else seeing this ? It's been a while after the 4 service call in 6 years I thought I post this

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

Keep in mind that IPv6 will cause gateways to crash, so turn that off.  Beyond that, you may be having issues with your service line or something generating interference.

Guru

• 

727 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah I caught IPv6 was on got it off now

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

Have you tried

(1) the Troubleshoot and Resolve tool at http://ufix.att.com

(2) looking at the line stats on your Gateway on the broadband tab at http://192.168.1.254/ , especially the sync rates, attenuation, SNR and error counts?  Copy and paste them in a reply to this thread.

BTW, nice to hear from you Mikro, wondered where you'd gotten to.

Guru

• 

727 Messages

8 years ago

turning off IPv6 was the problem turned on by default on the ARRIS NVG599 turning it off fixed the behavoir

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

Wanted to jump in. We had a major issue a year ago. I turned off the IPv6 in the modem after reading here and it was fine.

We just had our internet speed upgraded and they installed an extra line and new modem.

Now the modem is cutting out at least once a day.

.  It is an NVG599.   Under test internet access it says for preferred protocol Ipv4.  However, I do not know if this means the Ipv6 is turned off.  I do i turn it off for this modem.

Thanks,

Mike

Guru

• 

727 Messages

8 years ago

Here My NVG599 got a Update Now featuring intergraded speed test page and the update broke the reset count down page I see broken Image where there uses to be count down numbers and the speed test says servers not configured but it's running better. Also the Broadband section on the Upstream it says N/A other than that services are up now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I live in Pantego, Texas, at ***., and my connection keeps dropping off line. This has been going on for about a Mounth. The technians have been working in the area. It is possible that one of them knicked my line. Please help.. ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My computer keeps dropping off line.  There are att service personel working for about a month in the area.  It is possible that my line may have been knicked by one of them.  Please Help..   ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I saw this and other comments to turn IPv6 off.

What will I lose by doing this?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Sounds exactly like my problem. I live in Houston, Tx. Very highly populated area. In my case, it's not the wifi, but the actual bandwidth. The bandwidth coming into my modem reads a constant 14.0 mbps, but suddenly no bandwidth, yet my wifi signal reads full bars on my phone. I try to perform speedtest, and get error message "speedtest not available. Please try again later." It does this intermittently, throughout the day, and the blackouts can last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. When my internet is running, it runs constant at 14.0 mbps. I did purchase a wifi extender at the time my services were connected, but the device makes no difference one way or the other.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.