hjohnso2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 1:41 PM

NVG599 - Disable WPS to enable Mac Filtering

Hello,

I tried to enable Mac filtering but was notified that I had to disable WPS. First off, I have been unable to find the manual for model nvg599 ( did find one for nvg598 )

There isn't a feature I have found to disable WPS? I found some bit that said WPS was a component of WPS-PSK.

Does anyone know how I can disable WPS on the Arris nvg599 so I can institiute mac filtering?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@hjohnso2   Did you see this 589 Manual

Page 64 shows the wireless page that has on/off for WPS, should be using WPA2-PSK(AES) w/a long password.  Mac filtering is the next covered thing below the wireless page. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

Bing found this manual - on pg 45 WPS on/off just above WPS PIN - http://www.manualslib.com/manual/959847/Arris-Nvg599.html?page=45#manual

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg

I have seen it but that option is not present ( sadly ) in the 599 as it is shown in the 589 manual. I have a feeling this could be a 'command line' option to turn it on and off but I am not certain or how to access the command line dialog?

Thank you for the reply!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@hjohnso2  Is there any wireless page in the 599 Gui?  If so, should be something about WPS and Mac Filtering.

Looked online too, thought I found a 599 manual, but shure looked just like 589 at manuals.lib. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

You all are great! I just got this gateway last night and was setting it up very late last night and @aviewer you were exactly right, it was there the whole time. doh!

Thank you also @mibrnsurg !

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@hjohnso2  That was the one I found yesterday too, but actually found index page listing everything to click today.  Yesterday was scrolling by indiviual little pictures and could not see it.

For your reference:  http://www.manualslib.com/products/Arris-Nvg599-3886186.html

Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I found and disabled the WPS on the Home SSID, but I still get the error msg when I attempt to blacklist MAC addresses through filtering - "You must disable WPS on an SSID in order to use MAC address filtering on that SSID."

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

In order to enable mac filtering you have to turn off WPS and also you can not disable SSID broadcast. So for some reason in order to use one security feature we have to disable another. As my site name says I'm hacked continuously and no matter what I've tried thru research, talking to att or anything else it doesn't work. I'm thinking att may not be best choice for security.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I don't see any option for disabling WPS. Would someone kindly be very, very specific about how to do this? The manual page doesn't help me. I am obviously not tech savvy.  All I know is that Mac Filtering worked for years and then suddenly stopped working, and nothing I try is working either.  Thanks for any help to locate the "disable WPS" option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.