Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NVG589 gateway frequent reboots

Contributor

NVG589 gateway frequent reboots

I have recently moved house and transferred my service taking my equiptment with me. At my previous address I had no issues but since being here the gateway seem to reboot itself on a frequent basis.

I know the system can reboot itself when there are updates, but this seems too frequent for that. It is sometimes happening several times a day.

Has anyone else experienced this ? 

EDIT:

After posting this I see in the related messages to the side that there is an IPv6 issue with this gateway. I will try turning that off, but I wonder why it was not an issue until I moved to my new house

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by gmbarr72
‎02-12-2016 5:11 AM

Re: NVG589 gateway frequent reboots

@gmbarr72   That's it:

If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Moto/Arris RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

2wire/Pace/Arris RGs can suffer these too, 3800/3801/5031/5268.

Disable IPv6 in Moto/Arris RGs info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-...

Disable IPv6 in 2wire/Pace/Arris RGs info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Troubleshoot-Internet-Service/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-ce...

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: NVG589 gateway frequent reboots

So did this work for anyone? I am having the same issue since they "upgraded" my 2wire gateway.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support