For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Railfanron's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 25th, 2019 5:01 PM

NVG589 Router

Woke up this morning and all indicator lights are blinking red. Internet and wi-fi are working. Unplugged the router for 15-20 seconds and plugged it back in, all indicator lights are still blinking red, still have internet and wi-fi. Unsure of my next step; don't want to lose my internet connection nor wi-fi.

Ron

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

I'm surprised that you have ANY service, if all of the indicator lights are blinking red. This can't indicate anything good, and I wouldn't expect your service to last, as I suspect that the gateway is failing. I would try pressing and holding the Reset button for 20 seconds and see what happens. And no matter what, I would call 800.288.2020 and report this situation; they may be able to diagnose the problem remotely, and send a replacement gateway if indicated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. That was what I suspected. I'm going to call the number before I try
rebooting it again.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

It would have helped if you listed which indicator lights are blinking red.  Well unless it's the BGW210 which hardly has any indicator lights!  There can be the situation where you have a pair bond connection and one of the lines is out and you are limping along on half the bandwidth.  I don't know how the BGW210 reacts to that.  But if you don't have a BGW210 then you would have both a broadband1 and broadband2 indicator light.  If one line was out the one would show up as green on one and red on the other (blinking, not sure, too lazy to look at the manuals at the moment).  At any rate as suggested above call tech support and go from there.  They can check the line from their end but I don't know how or if that works if you have a pair bond connection. I don't.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I indicated in the subject line that it is a NVG589 router. All 12
indicator lights were blinking red, but I did have internet and wi-fi. I
could not find anything in the Arris manual that addressed this situation,
so I called AT&T troubleshooting. Almost immediately the individual signed
onto my account and said she saw there was a line problem, and would send a
tech out. The tech looked at it and said the router had rebooted during the
night but had gotten stuck, and the router had gone into what was
essentially safe mode. Everything worked, but some settings had reverted to
some basic state. He hit the reset button and the router rebooted without a
problem. So simple.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.