NVG589 Port 80 question

Teacher

NVG589 Port 80 question

Hey guys,

Got a question about the 589 gateway.  If I only have Uverse internet service, would it cause my any grief changing my Port Forarding address from 85 to 80?  I see a pop up that comes up and says something about the change you are about to make could make your TV not work (Something like that).  So, port 80 is exclisuively for the Uverse TV?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: NVG589 Port 80 question

Hi @JFolena,

Port 80 is the default port for the hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) or most website traffic. The only issue I can see with the TV service is certain apps on the U-verse Set Top Box that may require this. For the most part, I do see a lot of people forward port 80 and 8080 to devices, but I would suggest using another one if possible as it could effect web traffic.

Hope this helped answer your question.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support