houston01's profile

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

Tuesday, December 24th, 2013 2:45 AM

NAT=Strict/Moderate/Open

1) I've been reading the multiple posts on the forum about multiple xbox's in one house (including somejoe's detailed solution).  Many posts reference NAT and Strict/Moderate/Open.  I've never seen the words Strict/Moderate/Open on the gateway webpage.  Is it a user setting that I can control through the router or is a status that is derived from some other setting.  If it is router status display is it based upon some configuration from the xbox?

2) I've read enough to know that I can't have an xbox one and xbox 360 online at the same time but since I only have one gamer and he can't be on two systems at once is it possible to set it up so both systems would work as long as they are at different times.  (I'm assuming the answer is no which means that everytime he wants to play the "other" xbox I would have to go into the Uverse gateway settings and reassign the gaming pinhole to the "other" xbox".  (I'm not sure if this makes a difference to the answer but my gateway is the Motorola NVG589)

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

Well, I have never owned/used one of the Motorola gateways, so I can't advise you based on personal experience. However, from reading various posts here and the manuals for the NVG510 and NVG589, I believe the correct mode is IP Passthrough, allocation mode="Passthrough", and Passthrough Mode="DHCPS-dynamic".

These settings are supposed to give your router's WAN interface the outside IP address.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Dear SomeJoe7777, thank you for your wonderful post. However, I am so not a techie I am not sure I can follow it all, yet I am a Dad. Can u help me? If so, here or direct to email [edited for privacy]; here's the deal:

We have UVerse and the internet package. No idea what package but I am willing to upgrade if that would be helpful.

We both have a PS4 and both enjoy playing Battlefield 4; he is 16 and I am not, he is fabulous and I suck at the game, but its playing with your son and his online pals, so what's not to like?

My PS4 is connected to the wall directly where the internet comes out, and his PS4 uses the built-in wifi. My home iMac uses the wifi, as does his laptop and my wife's laptop.

We can usually both get onto a server with a good ping, but recently something is dropping his capacity to hear me via the microphones we are both using to communicate with one another and our other squadmates (his buddies, local, also online).

My ATT UVerse 2Wire box is about a year old.

Is there something a novice can do to help this work better? I don't know what a port is or how to get to a port. Other than one where ships come to dock.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please include a simpler solution. My ps4 is showing moderate. Is there a way to make it open? Secondly, I have 4 d-link wireless cameras and one hardwired d-link nvr router. How do I put them on a different channel or any suggestions to stop interruptions on my cameras and ps4?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Skidog74 wrote:
Please include a simpler solution. My ps4 is showing moderate. Is there a way to make it open? Secondly, I have 4 d-link wireless cameras and one hardwired d-link nvr router. How do I put them on a different channel or any suggestions to stop interruptions on my cameras and ps4?

Most of this thread is more than 2 years old and they are no longer here.  You have to put the dlink router in the DMZ zone or IP Passthrough, depending on which RG you have. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello, 

I've just recently purchased the homebase. I'm in love to say the least, but I have only one true issue with the device. That is with online gaming. I can go online, but I can not play with other people. The issue is the nat type3 or strict. I've seen this issue all over the website, but have not found a solution. I'm in the lake of the ozarks Missouri and there is no hardline where I am. If you would please get back to me at your earliest convience. 

Thank you, 

D.S.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having issues, irregularly, when communicating with other while gaming on my PC. I need to change my NAT settings to open is the solution....so my question is why and how do I do this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Has anyone helped you with this issue? If we can’t get an open NAT, I’m afraid we will have to find another internet provider

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.