For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
hav's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 5:33 PM

My 2wire modem/wifi keeps resetting

we noticed this a while back. never really cared for it, but now its getting annoying since i just bought a new modem thinking that there was something wrong with the old one. i dont know exactly whats going on.....it works fine for about 30 minutes then it just resets. streaming movies, playing online games and even browsing the internet have become a hassle....pls help!

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

11 years ago

Is the same true for the 2wire 3800HGV-B?? I don't play games on my computer. In checking the settings on my router I found that both Excessive Sessions Detection and Packet Flood (SYN/UDP/ICMP/Other) had been turned off, so I turned them both on. But, after having read your response, I went back and turned off Excessive Sessions Detection. However, I am curious about why the Packet Flood was turned off, and if I made the correct choice in turning it on?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Try a new transformer (power plug).

I have 3 working 2wire modems, and realized now (after much troubleshooting) that only 1 transformer works. I bought new dsl modems for no reason, since I discovered that the transformers went bad.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My Router was replaced as my old 2 wire dies about 2 years ago,, ever since, you will get a message that says internet is not responding kicks on all the time,, making nternet service intermitent,, wait a few minutes and it will reset itself, with thelighst all staying on,, then eventially it will have to be reset as it wont come back on,, Pretty pathetic piece of equipment,,

I have wireless security cams,, and since this resets and looses wreless, they reset all the time. ATT tested the speed, which all shows good when its running,,

Whats is a better replacement for the ATT 2701G Gateway as this thing will go in the trash

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

This is what I get all the time

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

10 years ago

I have a Netgear DGN 3500 and it works great. It has a build in DSL modem and is a router as well. Look on Ebay they might be cheaper there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My 2wire modem works great as long as I'm on my desktop PC, but as soon as my husband logs on with his laptop, it knocks me off and also the modem.  It will sometimes take the entire day to reset and work correctly, but again, as soon as my husband logs on, everything stops.  A call to AT&T a couple of weeks ago seemed to fix things...all worked fine for 10 days or so....and now, it's worse than ever.  We were carrying a 2nd phone line, but since it was never used, we called to disconnect it.  The DSL is on our main line, which should have been left untouched.  However, since the 2nd line was disconnected, we have had this problem.  I'm pretty certain, it is a problem with AT&T and not with our local apparatus.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a 2Wire 2701HG DSL modem (or "gateway" as they call it) and can testify with 100% certainty that the power supply was the problem.  I know this because I took it (the power supply) apart, troubleshot it, repaired it, and now the modem works perfectly.

My symptoms were somewhat strange.  For awhile the modem worked fine with my desktop hooked to it via ethernet, but started to reset itself repeatedly only when I tried to connect to it with my laptop wirelessly.

Later it refused to power on fully at all, leaving the modem with a constantly red power light.

I'm an electrical engineer, and for those technically inclined here are the repair details:  Two electrolytic capacitors had gone bad.  One immediately followed the diodes that rectify the AC power line, and the other immediately followed the single diode that rectifies the low voltage output.

The higher voltage cap had gotten hot, surprisingly hot enough to turn the circuit board slightly brownish.  I replaced both caps with similar ones, not identical values but close enough and with sufficient voltage rating.  As I said, the modem works perfectly now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just bought the house I am living in and I am having the same issue as everyone mentioned. I bought the ATT PACE DSL modem and for the first 4 days it worked great, then after it started to drop the internet connection constantly and it is very annoying. I have a technician come out every week so far and it is the same problem over and over. Everytime someone came it was something new outside the house. Now after the 6 time at my house the technician claims it something inside my house as he cannot find any problem. This I cannot believe. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am thinking of switching with comcast since all my neighbours carry them and seems to not have any issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a 2wire 504 modem. Has worked great for years. All of a sudden in the past 4 days whenever I sign onto the internet the modem resets itself and doesn't come back online. It came back once after several hours but as soon as I put a load on it ie. go online it reset itself to the same point. Fast forward to yesterday Monday 11-24-14, and the modem would not connect at all. ATT says it is a hardware issue and had us pay 100.00 for a new modem.  But I am confused as to why it is happening. Could it just be time to replace the modem or is there something further  wrong with the connection?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.