hav's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 5:33 PM

My 2wire modem/wifi keeps resetting

we noticed this a while back. never really cared for it, but now its getting annoying since i just bought a new modem thinking that there was something wrong with the old one. i dont know exactly whats going on.....it works fine for about 30 minutes then it just resets. streaming movies, playing online games and even browsing the internet have become a hassle....pls help!

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

12 years ago

I recieved my Netgear DGND3700 on Monday.  Installation was a snap.  I am running 1.17NA firmware, this required an upgrade.  The DSL connection has been stable all week, as well as all wireless connected devices.  So far, I would recommend this modem.  Unfortunately its not cheap at $180.  But with the refund from AT&T on my 2701, its like getting it for $80.  It also fixed my WPA2 problems and allows me to separate my G network from my N network since its dual band.  So far a great device, but time will tell.  I'm so happy my 2wire is back in a box!

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Sources have told me that the 2701 and other "legacy" gateways and modems are being replaced due to the need to support the IPv6 requirements that are being pushed out  as we consume all the IPs available in a IPv4 world. The 2701 has been in the field for almost 5 years and pretty solid for a gateway this old, yes modern day apps like WOW and others have maxed out the modem's capabilities it sounds like, but these apps and such were not there when it was built. It is a lower cost gateway and that is what AT&T wanted then my source told me. I also heard that the 2Wire or Pace as they call themselves now also have a N gateway with extra memory and mutiple processors for todays users coming out or ready to be sent out. Guess we will see it whenever AT&T lets it out into the streets.

Never a dull moment, if there is there will always be drama to replace it..

Employee

• 

442 Messages

12 years ago

I have got a confirmation that the pace 4111n (the 2wire replacement) should be hitting the field if not already and will not have this problem and the test units are passing all tests they can think of currently. I have also heard from another colleague that apparently 2wire might not be the only one that has this problem He states he was at a microcenter over the weekend and heard of a lady complaining about the same thing with a linksys router that she had (apparently a befsr41 router) and described the same problems that we have been seeing. She was having these problems and the tech at microcenter states since april of this year (2011) Microsoft and Apple released an update to their operating systems for IPv6 to be enabled. the microcenter person stated that since then people have had to go out and buy IPv6 capable routers this year to get around the problem, or disable it in their own operating systems. So far with my DD-WRT router I haven't experienced this problem and I have 2 machines with win7 on them about around the same time sp1 came out. Now the only guess I can think of is, is sp1 of ddwrt v24 is ipv6 capable. So maybe it wasn't affecting me after all.

Explorer

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Yes Pace has confirmed that the 4111N for adsl is out and about, Mr. Chun Pace directror of marketing replied.

Is there any info from AT&T where and when and what this device is in an available model (it is not at at&t/equipment although was rumored to go on there Nov 1. Thank you!

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

12 years ago

I'd be careful that the Pace Router isnt just another 2Wire... they are the same company now.  I believe AT&T is also qualifing a Netgear product.  I'd go with the Netgear if you get a choice.

Explorer

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Great news, AT&T hardware added them (4111N)  to the page for sale today!

(http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520238&q_manufacturer=&q_model😃

Thanks all

Employee

• 

442 Messages

12 years ago

Someone sent me a message earlier today asking if the pace 4111n is a gigabit ethernet router as well. I don't have the correct answer at this time but I will advise when I have that answer in more detail. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

According to the tech specs it is not.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520238&q_manufacturer=&q_model

Manufacturer: Pace
ADSL Device configured for AT&T DSL services
WAN Interface: ADSL (RJ-11)
LAN Interface: 4 port 10/100 Ethernet with Auto-crossover (RJ-45); high powered 802.11N MIMO access point or high powered HyperG access point
PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) gateway / pass-thru
Static IP capable

Employee

• 

442 Messages

12 years ago

let me find out from the product people, cause I have heard yes and no. 

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Neither is the new Netgear/Westell per the spec sheet on the ATT site..

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520229&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.