HaroldT_1's profile

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

Friday, December 7th, 2012 9:06 PM

Moving to a new neighborhood with FTTH

I will be moving to a new development in Winter Springs, FL early next year, they will be pouring the foundation next Monday. Last week I ran into an at&t employee and he told me that all homes will have FTTH and I'm wondering what type of equipment I should expect to be using. I'm currently about 3 miles from there and I've had uverse since November of 2009. I have been fortunate because I've had little or no problems since it was installed. 

The equipment I currently have is  the 3800HGV-B RG, a coax wired Cisco IPN4320 DVR, 3 coax wired IPN330HD STB's and 2 WiFI Cisco ISB7005 STB's. I'm retired AT&T which is why I'm able to afford so many TV's.

When I move, can I take my equipment with me? Should I request the 3801 RG? The current wired DVR/STB's are silver, will I be able to get them changed to black? The WiFi STB's are black which I'm happy with so no changes there.

I am having both coax and cat 5e cable placed wherever there will be a TV, should I use the coax, which I haven't have any problems with, or the cat 5e?

Thanks in advance for any help, I just want to be prepared when we move, I prefer to have everything ready in advance whenever possible.

Harold

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

@HaroldT_1 wrote:

I will be moving to a new development in Winter Springs, FL early next year, they will be pouring the foundation next Monday. Last week I ran into an at&t employee and he told me that all homes will have FTTH and I'm wondering what type of equipment I should expect to be using. I'm currently about 3 miles from there and I've had uverse since November of 2009. I have been fortunate because I've had little or no problems since it was installed. 

The equipment I currently have is  the 3800HGV-B RG, a coax wired Cisco IPN4320 DVR, 3 coax wired IPN330HD STB's and 2 WiFI Cisco ISB7005 STB's. I'm retired AT&T which is why I'm able to afford so many TV's.

When I move, can I take my equipment with me?

Yes, if Uverse is available at your new home you can transfer your account.

Should I request the 3801 RG? The current wired DVR/STB's are silver, will I be able to get them changed to black? The WiFi STB's are black which I'm happy with so no changes there.

I am having both coax and cat 5e cable placed wherever there will be a TV, should I use the coax, which I haven't have any problems with, or the cat 5e?

I have coax install with no major issues, but I recommend Cat5.

Thanks in advance for any help, I just want to be prepared when we move, I prefer to have everything ready in advance whenever possible.

Harold

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Right now AT&T is only giving 4 streams at this time.  But not long ago some subs temporarily got 7.  But the answer to your streams question is 4.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I suppose that I should have also asked what speeds and the number of streams I might be able to get because of the fiber feed to the house. My current install is 32/5 with 12meg internet. More speeds/streams sure would be nice.

Harold

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.