Helpful Links

Moving to a new neighborhood with FTTH

Mentor

Moving to a new neighborhood with FTTH

I will be moving to a new development in Winter Springs, FL early next year, they will be pouring the foundation next Monday. Last week I ran into an at&t employee and he told me that all homes will have FTTH and I'm wondering what type of equipment I should expect to be using. I'm currently about 3 miles from there and I've had uverse since November of 2009. I have been fortunate because I've had little or no problems since it was installed. 

The equipment I currently have is  the 3800HGV-B RG, a coax wired Cisco IPN4320 DVR, 3 coax wired IPN330HD STB's and 2 WiFI Cisco ISB7005 STB's. I'm retired AT&T which is why I'm able to afford so many TV's.

When I move, can I take my equipment with me? Should I request the 3801 RG? The current wired DVR/STB's are silver, will I be able to get them changed to black? The WiFi STB's are black which I'm happy with so no changes there.

I am having both coax and cat 5e cable placed wherever there will be a TV, should I use the coax, which I haven't have any problems with, or the cat 5e?

Thanks in advance for any help, I just want to be prepared when we move, I prefer to have everything ready in advance whenever possible.

Harold

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Moving to a new neighborhood with FTTH

HaroldT_1 wrote:

I will be moving to a new development in Winter Springs, FL early next year, they will be pouring the foundation next Monday. Last week I ran into an at&t employee and he told me that all homes will have FTTH and I'm wondering what type of equipment I should expect to be using. I'm currently about 3 miles from there and I've had uverse since November of 2009. I have been fortunate because I've had little or no problems since it was installed. 

The equipment I currently have is  the 3800HGV-B RG, a coax wired Cisco IPN4320 DVR, 3 coax wired IPN330HD STB's and 2 WiFI Cisco ISB7005 STB's. I'm retired AT&T which is why I'm able to afford so many TV's.

When I move, can I take my equipment with me?

Yes, if Uverse is available at your new home you can transfer your account.

Should I request the 3801 RG? The current wired DVR/STB's are silver, will I be able to get them changed to black? The WiFi STB's are black which I'm happy with so no changes there.

I am having both coax and cat 5e cable placed wherever there will be a TV, should I use the coax, which I haven't have any problems with, or the cat 5e?

I have coax install with no major issues, but I recommend Cat5.

Thanks in advance for any help, I just want to be prepared when we move, I prefer to have everything ready in advance whenever possible.

Harold

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

I suppose that I should have also asked what speeds and the number of streams I might be able to get because of the fiber feed to the house. My current install is 32/5 with 12meg internet. More speeds/streams sure would be nice.

Harold

Message 3 of 4
Expert

Right now AT&T is only giving 4 streams at this time.  But not long ago some subs temporarily got 7.  But the answer to your streams question is 4.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support