Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

Tutor

Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

U Vers replaced my 2-Wire with the  NVG589, I have several security camers installed and i am trying to set up port forwarding for them. They left me no manual. I have tried web searches, nothing. I was able to set the cameras up on the 2-wire, the Foscam web site does not have anything for the 589. on the NVG589 I set up in Nat/gaming what I thought was correct but outside the house I can not gain access. it states "Privite Network" "this camera is on a privite network and will not work". typically when port forwarding it sets up a http address. I cant find where or how it does that.

so I need help please.

dennis

Message 1 of 84
Contributor

Re: Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

Received a new NVG589 and for the past 2 months have been trying to view my camera system from outside the house. I am unable to port forward the camera system, I have tried all the tips listed here in this thread. I just got off the phone with AT&T, and after the customer service I just received I think it will be easier to just cancel 2 cell phones, U-Verse and internet. 

Why do they make this so difficult?

Would even be willing to pay someone get this set up!!

FRUSTRATED!!!

Message 76 of 84
Contributor

mfreitas,

Could I possibly get a copy of the manual? I'm having a terrable time setting up my cameras!

Thank you ever so much!

Kirk

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 77 of 84

Is there not one on their website? That's where I got mine.
Message 78 of 84

I hear your pain from trying to get your security cameras working and I sympathize with you.

I have a more basic problem (hopefully) that I hope one of you can help me with.  I simply want to get Bittorent working with port forwarding so I can participate in downloading LEGAL recordings of live music shows recorded by amateurs using some pretty good equipment that are done with the permission of the venue, the artists, and their recording label. 

I had the old 2-Wire router working just fine, but about two years ago (I'm typing this in September 2016) I was forced to get the Arris NVG589 router as an "upgrade" to use AT&T's U-verse.

Since then I have tried and tried to get this thing to do port forwarding for Bittorent to no avail. 

Any help or work instructions you could provide would be VERY appreciated. 

Thank you,

Ross

Message 79 of 84

I hear you Leonard.  Port Forwarding here in 2016 should be a given, and relatively easy to setup and find the correct methodology to get it done in less than 20 minutes.  But no.  I have have tried for HOURS simply to get Bittorent to work correctly with no luck at all. This keeps me from participating in downloading some really good music recordings in good faith because I can't help out the torrents since I can't upload without the ports being open.  This has been very frustrating for me the last two years.  

I don't WANT to have to switch to Time Warner (everyone hates them here in NC), but if I have to do so in order to get basic port forwarding to work, then I guess I'll have to keep that option open. Sad really, because U-verse has worked very well for Internet access, giving me 18 Mbps fairly consistently. 

Message 80 of 84

I've got to say. I'm exasperated trying to get port forwarding working. It seems some folks have the good fortune of having their NVG589 successfully forward and others, like me, do not.

I'm not sure of the nuances of each router allowing this to work or not

Message 81 of 84
ACE - Expert

I would suggest:

1. recording any current settings that you have managed to instill,
  2. doing a factory reset (unplug, hold the button on the back of the Gateway and plug back in)
  3. restore any necessary setup
  4. retry the port forwarding.

Note that port forwarding setup is a two step process

1) Giving the port or range of ports an application name

2) Associating that application name with an internal device

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 82 of 84
Teacher

Port Forwarding LaCie-2big-NAS

Seeking some help on settign up port Forwarding so that I can access my  LaCie-2Big-NAS externally.  I've gotting to the Firewall - NAT/Gaming tab using these instructions https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010280 but I'm at a loss of what to do next.

Message 83 of 84
ACE - Expert

Re: Port Forwarding LaCie-2big-NAS

You would need to know what TCP/UDP ports that your LaCie-2Big-NAS can be contacted on, and create a custom service for those ports.  Then associated that custom service with your NAS device.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 84 of 84
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support