Moderate NAT on xbox live

Contributor

Moderate NAT on xbox live

I have a Motorola NVG510 and keep getting a moderate NAT setting on xbox live. I have opened all the required ports and even tried the ip passthru and no change. anyone else got any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Moderate NAT on xbox live

Hi @swankpuppy,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your Xbox. When you set it in passthrough mode, it should resolve the issue because it is no longer behind a NAT. In passthrough, it should receive the WAN ip address. Make sure you do not have anything else set in passthrough. Also, I always prefer to use DHCPS:fixed so you can input the MAC address of the device to ensure you are setting the right one up in passthrough mode. Check in your Xbox settings to see what IP addres you are getting. If it is 192.168.1.x, it is not in passthrough mode. Try to restart the devices to see if that will help.

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support