Mac Address for 2Wire Modem 2701HG-B

Contributor

Mac Address for 2Wire Modem 2701HG-B

So I've been trying for my dear life going through customer service chats and calls to try and figure out where to locate the Mac Address for the modem. Does anyone know how to look up the Mac Address for the modem? And just in case, it is not located on the modem itself.

Message 1 of 3 (19,182 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by ATTAlexCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Mac Address for 2Wire Modem 2701HG-B

Hi DarkBlue21,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.  Please try the following steps to view the Mac ID..

*Assuming your PC is connected directly to the modem

• Open a Web browser and access the gateway user interface by entering
http://gateway.2Wire.net.
• Click the Broadband Link tab.
• Click the Summary link under the tab to open the View Broadband Link Summary page.

Community members may have other suggestions on how to view the information.  If I can help further, please shoot me a Private Message.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 3 (19,162 Views)
Employee

Re: Mac Address for 2Wire Modem 2701HG-B

[ Edited ]

Hi DarkBlue21,

We would be glad to provide the information.

You can pull up the 2wire router page using the web link http://192.168.1.254

Click the Broadband Link icon at the top of the screen--->Summary

The View Broadband Link Summary screen would come up.

Please locate the Hardware Address under Connection Information

The hexadecimal code is the MAC address of the 2wire router.

For further assistance, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below

AT&T DSL Support

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (19,154 Views)