For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
msestes1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 7:08 PM

Looking for suggestions to setup Roku with Oppo

I just hooked up a Roku streaming stick to the MHL port on my Oppo-103 to take advantage of the Oppo's  video enhancements. Unfortunately, the Oppo is in a disadvantagous corner of the house in relation to my Uverse router. The signal is fair but I need a better signal for 1080 streaming. I have heard the uverse router has problems with wifi extenders. but I'm willing to try. Would I be better off boosting my mbps rate from 18 to 24? And would that help? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

I don't know of any provider of Internet video that needs as much as 10 Mbps to stream HD content, let alone 18.  Unless you're otherwise using your connection, I wouldn't expect the switch from 18 to 24 Mbps to make any difference.

If you're experiencing wireless issues, I would suggest that you get your own wireless router, place it somewhere closer to your Roku/Oppo devices that can still be reached by an Ethernet cable from your RG, and configure that router as an access point as described in  post 13 in this thread.

A range extender is probably the worst way to try to increase your WiFi coverage (because it tends to decrease the overall thoroughput).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, I suspected that might be true.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.