Looking for suggestions to setup Roku with Oppo

Highlighted
Contributor

Looking for suggestions to setup Roku with Oppo

I just hooked up a Roku streaming stick to the MHL port on my Oppo-103 to take advantage of the Oppo's  video enhancements. Unfortunately, the Oppo is in a disadvantagous corner of the house in relation to my Uverse router. The signal is fair but I need a better signal for 1080 streaming. I have heard the uverse router has problems with wifi extenders. but I'm willing to try. Would I be better off boosting my mbps rate from 18 to 24? And would that help? 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Looking for suggestions

I don't know of any provider of Internet video that needs as much as 10 Mbps to stream HD content, let alone 18.  Unless you're otherwise using your connection, I wouldn't expect the switch from 18 to 24 Mbps to make any difference.

If you're experiencing wireless issues, I would suggest that you get your own wireless router, place it somewhere closer to your Roku/Oppo devices that can still be reached by an Ethernet cable from your RG, and configure that router as an access point as described in  post 13 in this thread.

A range extender is probably the worst way to try to increase your WiFi coverage (because it tends to decrease the overall thoroughput).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Looking for suggestions

Thanks, I suspected that might be true.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support