Philiam's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 4:14 PM

Looking for an AT&T compatible gateway with QoS.

Title pretty much says it all.  I'm eyeing a couple of nice, third-party gateways featuring QoS.  Called AT&T tech support this morning about compatibility, but received only company line about approved devices...fine.  The gateway doesn't need to be third-party, I'll take At&T supplied.

Coming here in the hopes that someone knows of a compatible gateway or maybe can confirm that the following boxes will work on residential DSL service.

Asus DSL-N10

Netgear D6200

Thanks in advance for the help.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Since you posted in the U-verse forum and not elsewhere, I assume you have U-verse. The only gateways compatible with U-verse are AT&T supplied ones. Some are leased and some are purchased.

Purchased:

5031NV

3600HGV

NVG510

Leased:

3800HGV

3801HGV

NVG589

iNID - i38HG

5168NV

What model do you currently have and what services are you subscribed to? If it's the NVG510 or 5168NV you're on ADSL2+ and if it's anything else, you're on VDSL2.

We can't really make a suggestion since there's a gateway for all different things so we mustk now what you currently have. All U-verse triple play gateways "technically" have QOS, but not the QOS you're looking for. It's unconfigurable and usually is meant for dedicating bandwidth to certain services.

Those two models you posted above are incompatible with U-verse.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, adsl or vdsl is a very important distinction.  I have adsl, so I appologize for posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks for the reply.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Philiam wrote:

Yes, adsl or vdsl is a very important distinction.  I have adsl, so I appologize for posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks for the reply.

What modem are you currently using?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

If you're using the NVG510, you're using the best gateway available for U-verse ADSL2+.

You can always place a seperate router(with real QOS features) behind your NVG510. Make sure to turn off your gateway's wireless in the process and follow the instructions found on either Dslreports.com or on these forums on how to make your router properly function with the gateway.

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

The gateways do not offer QoS. To gain this feature, consider using a third-party router.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.