Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Line stats/noise margin

Highlighted
Tutor

Line stats/noise margin

Meh..http://m.imgur.com/D9UDid0
I know there are a lot of factors that play into this..but isn't a noise margin of 6 bare minimum?
Also not sure if I should be concerned about the error counts given the uptime of an hour or so...
Message 1 of 6
Tutor

Re: Line stats/noise margin

Haven't had any problems yet just got service up and running a couple of hours ago. Just making sure everything is where it should be.
Message 2 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Iamrage42
‎05-04-2017 5:50 PM

Yes on ADSL2+ accounts 6 up/down  is bare minimum, can work slightly below with some intermitrent rebooting.

For VDSL accounts 9 on down and 6 on up is minimum.

With your stats your a 10/1 account (ACCESS?)

Generally the gateway will elimante bad frequency ranges and your stats should improve slightly over the next day or 2.

Expected gateway installed on these types of accounts would be the Pace 5031.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Yes service is 10/1. They actually gave me an arris nvg589.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

They originally sent me the 5031, but it wasn't connecting and the tech said that they sent an email out a month or so ago saying they were having problems with those rg's and not to use them.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

How do you check the amount of noise on the line.  I have a new hp OfficeJet Pro 8710.  It works fine, but will not fax because it says there is too much noise on the line.  Could this be a phone line problem.  I stayed on the phone with HP for an hour and 15 minutes and he could not find any problem with the printer or the line setup.  

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support