Kindle Fire and Uverse

Contributor

Kindle Fire and Uverse

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a Kindle Fire as a gift for someone and it turns out that he has ATT Uverse.  How does he make it possible to use wireless for his Kindle with this service?  Is there additional equipment needed?  If so, what?

Message 1 of 4 (9,654 Views)

Re: Kindle Fire and Uverse

When my mom is at my house all she needed to do was setup the network connection using the password on the side of the RG and they should be able to connect to their wireless network with no issues.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 4 (9,640 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

He can definitely connect his Kindle to his home wireless network. 

Here are the steps he needs to take (here's a link to the whole article - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408751#fbid=TN_oz4ZFrN7):

Here's Amazon's Kindle Help site, specifically about connecting a Kindle to wireless: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200127470_wifi?nodeId=200798800

Hope this helps, let us know if you need any more help!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (9,625 Views)

I don't have a Kindle, but I knew it would work since my mom and my sister in law both have one they use at my house.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4 (9,609 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.