Jessme_1's profile

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

Saturday, February 12th, 2011 7:22 PM

Is there a way to change my IP address?

Been playing around with the realtime 1.7. And wondered if there is a way to change my IP address on my 3800HGV-B? I did a search here and can across some links from past threads but they just take me to the main forum page.

I tried just to unplug the gate way for about 10 minutes but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

The ip will be static unless they change the ip for the vrad. In other words you may have the same ip for years but there is no guarantee unless you pay for a static ip.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

No, you cannot change your IP on your own.  Why does your IP address need to be changed?

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't need to be changed. I was just playing around to see what all I can adjust and what not. Just sometimes I get board and start to play, that's all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

so there in NO way to change the u-verse Ip adress easily at all ? 

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

There is one method that sometimes works, but it's not guaranteed.

1. Go to the following web page on your 2Wire router:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_5_7

This will require you to log in with the 2Wire router's password.  If you don't have it, it's usually on a white sticker on the side/bottom of the router.

2. Click the Reset button all the way at the bottom that says "Reset to Factory Default State".

WARNING: This will erase all configuration in the router, including firewall pinholes, static IP assignments, etc.  Write any/all of this information down before you do this so that you can put it back laster.

3. Look at the lights on the front of the router.  When the router resets, all the lights will go out except the power light.  Allow the router to go through this part of the reset process.  Eventually, the router will fully reset and will come up to where the Broadband light is blinking red.

--> As soon as the Broadband light is blinking red, pull the plug on the router to power it off.

4. Leave the router off for about an hour.

5. After an hour, power the router back up and let it come up and sync.

If you're lucky, it will get a new external IP address when it comes back up.

6. If you have any custom firewall or static IP configuration, put it back into the router now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi, you can see those easy steps here to change your Ip address.

http://mon-ip.awardspace.com/change_ip_address.php

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

@jounayd wrote:

Hi, you can see those easy steps here to change your Ip address.

http://mon-ip.awardspace.com/change_ip_address.php

Sorry, but that procedure will not work on 2Wire routers on the AT&T U-Verse system.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

im possitive somoenes gotten my ip,i playps3 alot and i deal with alot of "booters." is there a way i can change my public ip address,help please,i get booted every 20 or 30 min when i get online.i also have 3800HGV-B. help

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

No, there is no way to change your IP address short of getting a new RG or VRAD port, which will require a service call.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

"This will require you to log in with the 2Wire router's password.  If you don't have it, it's usually on a white sticker on the side/bottom of the router."

I see an FCC ID, IMEI, S/N, and SKU, and H/W and Model number but no password.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.