d4diesel's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 1:48 AM

Is there a limit to the number devices a Pace 5031NV can serve?

Question for workplace.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi d4diesel,

I do not believe there is a limit to the number of devices that can connect, but I do know there is a limit of active sessions that can occur at a time. The total amount of sessions the 5031 can handle is 1024.

If you login to the router at http://192.168.1.254, click on Settings, Diagnostics, NAT, you will see a line that shows the session table and how many are available. When it reaches 0, then processes will have to wait until sessions clear up.

One computer can actually end up using all 1024 sessions, but you just want to monitor it, and if it starts getting low, you will see latency on your network, and issues connecting.

-David T

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

at work that is....

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

As configured out of the box, the RG will only hand out IP addresses via DHCP to maybe 200 devices.  If that's not enough, it can be configured to handle more.  However, if you have that many devices active at one time, you probably will be encountering some other limit (such as the 1000 NAT session limit David mentioned).

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

As well as what Jeffer said, also remember that most wireless chipsets (including the one in the RG) will support 20-30 clients maximum. Special multi-chip/multi-radio access points are necessary to handle more wireless clients than that.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the excellent replys. Everything is   wired.  About 20 devices on a 24 port switch. I,m not sure about using my own rv042 router or perhaps connect the pace and let it do it's thing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.