Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet without home phone

Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Contributor

Internet without home phone

Be patent with me, I know very little about this.

I have no land line. I have at&t WiFi in my home. Same set up sense 2008. It's spotty and slow, diets reach outside the house.

Is it time to up grade? What should I get? Something from Best Buy or from at&t?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Internet without home phone

You don’t have ATT WiFi, you have home internet service. WiFi is just a way for your devices to connect to your home internet services wirelessly. Would need more info about what internet service you have and what exactly your issue is to suggest anything. Not sure what you meant by “diets reach outside the house”.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Sorry, it was a spell check thing. The phrase should have been; It doesn't work outside the house.I've had this, "home internet" for maybe 10 years? I was wondering, should I replace it?I'm sure it's way out dated.Jesse
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Replacing it may or may not help. All WiFi routers have a limit on how far the WiFi reaches, so the location of your router might mean it still won’t reach outside. There are other ways to extend your WiFi coverage with WiFi extenders, a second router, a mesh network, etc. However, you probably do have very old equipment so yes, I would start with upgrading or replacing your current equipment. Your internet service requires using the ATT supplied router meaning you can’t replace it, only ATT can so definitely start with them. Anything you buy would still have to be connected to the ATT router.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support