Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Internet equipment fee

Contributor

Internet equipment fee

Why do I have a $7/month internet equipment fee? How can this be waived?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Internet equipment fee

As of Jan. 2015, all accounts pay an internet equipment fee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-20-2016 10:19 AM

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.internetAttTermsOfService.html

PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. This is a binding agreement between you (the Member Account holder), Yahoo! Inc. ("Yahoo!"), and the AT&T entity that provides the Service and/or Site[1]. Your registration, payment for, or use of the Site and/or Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by the charges, terms, and conditions set forth in this Agreement, including those incorporated by reference as well as those located at: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/.

1. Changes to this Agreement

From time to time, we may change this Agreement. We will provide you with notice of material changes via either your Member Account e-mail address or any other email address you provide, posting online at http://www.att.com/internet-terms, recorded announcement, bill message, bill insert, newspaper ad, postcard, letter, or call to your billed telephone number or U.S. mail. It is your responsibility to check for any such notices. Your continued subscription to the Service after the effective date of the change constitutes your acceptance of such changes.

6. Payment

Service customers agree to pay: (1) the monthly fee specified when you ordered your Service; (2) the charge for all equipment required for your Service; (3) activation fees, connection and/or installation charges, if any; (4) late fees, restoral of Service fees and other applicable Service charges; and (4) any applicable taxes, recovery fees and surcharges which AT&T pays to municipalities and other governmental entities and may pass on to you.

... From section 7

If you have not purchased Internet Equipment from AT&T or if previously purchased Internet Equipment is beyond the one (1) year warranty period (from date of installation) and requires replacement, then you agree to pay a monthly equipment fee for the Internet Equipment, as part of your purchase of or continued use of the Service and/or other AT&T services.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Customers get very upset with these under the rug fees. These are nothing more than the company creating a back door for annual price increases in addition to tacking on an extra 10% to the bill. It was for these same acts that I fired Directv, and thus I will begin my hunt for an AT&T competitor for high speed internet. If these are anything other than a back door to higher prices and annual price increases then why are customers being held hostage and not allowed a waiver for these fees by purchasing our equipment? This is a joke. I will be canceling soon.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support