For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Retired825's profile

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 12:35 PM

Inid to NVG589 conversion

I recenlty added tv service back to my exsiting internet service.  The tech moved me to the NVG589.  He leftb the INID in place, not sure what he did to bypass the INID.  I've had some picture freezing since the change.  I am currently subscribed to max internet,  and it seems as if my profile is 55/6.

So, looking at my stats, is it the profile thats causing the issue, or the INID to NVG589 conversion  thats the issue. Depending on ther tech I ask I'm from 3900 to 4200 feet from the VRAD.

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 8.24.33 AM.png

Thanks in advance.

1 Attachment

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Retired825,

I am sorry about the problems you are having with your TV picture after the change. The line test results you posted looked good. You do have a few errors, but if that is spread out over a day, it is not a huge problem, but if it occurred all in a 15 minute interval, that could indicate that there is an issue. Your SN Margin and Line attenuation look normal. It could possibly be an issue with the switch over to the NVG589. I will be happy to look further into this for you, and we will send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Even 3900' is a long way from the VRAD to be on a 55 Mbps profile.  You're using every bit of available bandwidth in line 1, and most of it on line 2, which is why 3900' is a long way away to have this profile.  I think the nominal limit is around 2200' of distance.

However, since you moved off the iNID, your cabling for your TVs would be different, and that may be your problem.  You're in good hands with DavidT, though; I'm sure he'll get you all straightened out.

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your help, sent you a pm.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

10 years ago

Your distance is too great, the SN is too low and not enough max sync rate to support 55M profile.

This needs to be lowered by tier 2 support to 25M (12.5 per line)

All stats will vastly improve as well as service experience.

The 25M profile can support up to Max Plus (18), one step higher than current Max (12).

Conclusion lower profile to match your condition. The iNIDs were 25M originially, suspect a system change to profile at any time in past was not noticed till higher bandwidth of IPTV was being used.

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks to JefferMc for his insight also. My profile was lowered to the 32/5 profile and it seems to have cured the problem.

Here is my current stats:

Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 7.28.23 AM.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.