For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Watmusk425's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 1:00 AM

Increased data usage on home base.

My data usage has been 80 to 120 GB per month and last month went to 506 GB with no change in our usage. ATT can not tell me what had changed. I replaced my Roku and turned off our wi fi on our phones, did not help in 2 weeks we have used 215 of 250 GB with much less usage. Has any one else experienced an increase in data use?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

In addition to a huge spike in data usage over a two day period with no change in usage (watched a movie over Roku and took 8 GB of data @ $10/GB whereas previously took less than 1), I am curious about your data plan.  The maximum data plan I could find for a Homebase is 50 GB.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We have 250 GB plan. 500GB was an option when we purchased. For a short
time they offered an unlimited plan that my friend has. New plans are a max
of100GB? Who and how do they measure data usage? No one can answer the
change. What's next.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I posted a similar question. While we are often close to using all our data, not usually until toward the end of the time period. For May, we used 75% of the data with 23 days to go! Something is weird. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

One thing I did discover with my "home base" is that if you connect to it via Ethernet it will continue to use data even if all the devices in your network are asleep or off.  I could see usage in the wee hours of the morning on my usage logs.  When I called to complain about high usage an AT&T CSR suggested I try connecting my home router to the home base via wifi rather than via Ethernet; now the online logs show no usage after we close up our computers when we go to bed.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have increased usage in my phones and are doing nothing differently. No answer to the reason from tech support. I’ve called three times. I have 20gb per month and have never gone over until last month. We had roll over so a total of 30gb and used all in one month. I have turned off everything from our phones tech support suggested with no help. Something is going on and no one is telling. Last solution was to get s new plan so I can pay them more. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same here. They won't have an explanation. But they won't write it off, you can count on that. The same company that sees no irony in explaining the >>limits<< on their >>"unlimited"<< plans is not going to be persuaded by any rational explanation of anything. It's all very $imple. If it can make more money 💰for AT&T, it's their policy. If it will in any way save you money, forget it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a plan with 250 GB, which my bill shows. However, I am getting alerts that I am 1.3

GB over---I have never come close to my allowance before. I have tried calling, either they say I need to call a different number or the office is closed. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

we had the same thing happen, usually use about 50 - 60 gb. According to ATT we used 40 GB the first day! I know we used more the month before then we did the first day of our service this month. I would also like to know what is going on also.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I'm using a NetGear wifi extender in a 400 Sq Ft apt, which to me is silly, but I use Google Voice for my home phone connected with an OBi200 Modem via an Ethernet cable to the Netgear extender on WIFI.  At first, I thought that phone connection might be using crazy Gigs of data.  Then I started turning off my ZTE Velocity AT&T WIFI Hot Spot at 8:30 pm each night and not back on until 9 am the next morning. That doesn't seem to have slowed my data usage at all.  I usually have 3 devices connected to my WIFI Hot Spot device, the NetGear WIFI Extender, the OBi200 for Google Voice service, and my tablet. That's it!!! I shut off the WiFi on mt cell Phone, which is on a totally different provider just to be sure it isn't using my wifi for updates.   This AT&T wireless Hot Spot is quickly turning into a huge sink hole that's using data I can't figure what's driving the high Gig usage. Any ideas?  I've set up my MyAT&T account to track my usage to the device level. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Agreed.
This month we went over 3, yes three times on our data, at a cost of $15 a pop for 1gb which was used within 2 days, now we are at $45 over for this month.
Ok, yes, one of us traveled and was staying in a hotel but used hotel wifi, but only for a week and we do have teens. But what gives? Our usage isn't that off the norm. We hardly go anywhere or do anything and we are connected to wifi in our home!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.