jlumbtx's profile

Teacher

• 

41 Messages

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 1:02 AM

I want to change NVG589 MODEM settings

I have followed the instructions, I think, but the access code to the modem doesn't work.  Instructions say to use the default code which is printed somewhere on the modem, but I can't find it.

It seems my modem is inaccessable.

John

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hey @jlumbtx 

Just checking up on your post. Do you still need some help accessing your NVG589? The Device Access Code is normally found on the left wall of the device on a sticker as shown in the example below but, if yours does not have a sticker or does not have that info printed onto it then I believe it may be best for us to send you a replacement unit so that you'll have that information available to you. Let me know if this helps, and if the info is nowhere to be found on the device then we'll be glad to assist you further. Thanks! 🙂

NVG589 Access Code.png

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

There should be a sticker on it somewhere on it listing the codes, like we do have on 3800, 3801s. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

The Device Access Code is clearly printed on the lable along with the MAC and Network Name and WiFi Password., etc.   Thje Device Access Code does not work.  I enter it and get a red message that says "The Access code you entered is not correct."  I have copied tjhe code very carefully and tried, unsuccessfully, 5 times.  Then the instrctions say:

The page you requested is protected. You must enter the Device Access Code in order to continue.
The Default Access Code is printed on the side or bottom of your NVG589 device, but you can change it.

But the Default Access Code is NOT printed on the side or bottom.  So it seems I have an invaild Device Access Code and a missing Default Access Code.  Is it possible that the Device Access Code and Default Access Code are the same invaild code?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Try doing a factory reset on the box.  Hold in the reset button on the back while you plug it in and hold it for 10 seconds before letting go.

Then try the password on the side.

Teacher

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Hey! Never mind!  On the 6th try I got into the settings and made the changes I want.

All is well now.

Thanks for your help.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

That's great to hear! I appreciate the update. Let us know if you run into any other issues with your U-verse service and we'll be glad to help. 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Well help me. Because mines is clearly printed on my device as well, but it doesn't work.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@IDalreadyInUse wrote:

Well help me. Because mines is clearly printed on my device as well, but it doesn't work.

Please note that to change settings you are looking for the "System Password" not the "Wireless Network Key" (at least that's how they're labeled on my 3800).  If you are using the System Password, and are observing proper case sensitivity (watch out for Caps Lock) and it's still not working, then try a factory reset of your Gateway.  Unplug it from power, push the button on the back in and hold it while plugging the power cord back in.  Hold it for 10 more seconds, then release.  Let it finish booting up and try again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I tried the reboot, but that doesn't work.

My access code begins with something that looks like two italicized capitol "I," followed by a "<," followed by three numbers, an asterisk, and then two numbers. I've tried every combination I can think of with all these characters and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

Given your description of 'two italicized capitol "I"' makes me think of the lower case "L" character.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.