I want to buy a longer data cable for my u verse

Contributor

I want to buy a longer data cable for my u verse

Hi,

I need to buy a longer data cable for my u-verse router (from what I read on it, it is the 3801HGV model. I got it a few months ago).

I would like to make sure that I but the right cable on the internet.

So my question is: what are the specifications of this data cable? In other words, what should I look for on e-Bay or Amazon?

This is what I can read on the green data cable that came with the router:

Systems Broadband ULH     ETL VERFIED TO TIA/EIA 568-B . 2 CATEGORY 5E UTP 2PAIRS 350 MHz E302757 (UL) TYPE CM75°C BROADBAND PRODUCTS 1366FT All Systems Broadband ULH

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: I want to buy a longer data cable for my u verse

You'll want to get a cat-5e cable. The best place to find one fir a great price is Monoprice.com. I've included a link to all of their cat 5e network cables. They range in length from 0.5 to 100 feet.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10208

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Expert

He's talking about the green data cable that connects for the VDSL signal, not a network cable. The green data cable is Cat5e, but uses RJ11 connectors, not RJ45.

CablesOnDemand makes a compatible cable:

http://www.cablesondemand.com/category/MPUSCat5E/product/MP-52RJ11UNNE/URvars/Items/Library/InfoMana...

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Hi, 

I just ordered the new cable. Thanks a lot for your help! 

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

i have a att uverse modem that has a green cable that has ends on it that plug into phone jack and on the modem in the phone line  i need 50 ft to move it around in the room the label on the green cable reads Data Cable 6001-000110-000  please help

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support