nstar30907's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, October 8th, 2017 7:55 PM

How do I switch my AT&T router from 5ghz to 2.4ghz?

I need to change my AT&T router from 5GHz to 2.4GHz to support a wireless device.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been having the same issue with my wifi extender which is 2.4GHz only, and wouldn't connect.  I went to 192.168.1.254 and enabled my guest wifi, which is 2.4 GHz only.  Then connected my wifi extender using my guest wifi name and password and it finally connected to the router.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did you get an answer to your question? I have devices that use both and have plugs that aren't recognized as needing 2.4 so they won't work.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Did you try  visiting att router page 192.168.1.254 to manage/modify your wireless settings?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How exactly do I change/rename? I am not very tech savvy, I need step by step instructions, please.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

I am also failing to do this.

I went to the router  page but cannot get it to accept my access code (password) to change setting. 

Any suggestion?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

That still doesn't help me how to rename anything. I am not sure where to look once I am on that page. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

settings -

LAN -

Wi-fi -

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Radio Configuration

Network Name (SSID) (here you can enter the name you want)

same for 5 Ghz

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have new at&t 210 Router - no option found under any tab to Turn wifi off or on. I already named both 2.4 & 5G wifii and guest wifi & changed passwords. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If you are setting up your robot vacuum, I just enabled my guest network. It works like a charm!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I took the information from this page and managed to figure it out. My router did not give me the option to edit my wifi's name.

1. Go to that router page 192.168.1.254.

2. Then click on Home network tab

3. Now Click on the wifi tab 

4. Turn on Guest SSID which ONLY runs on 2.4ghz

5. Connect the device to that network. Your phone can still run on the "regular" network that you were previously on and the device should still work. It did for me. I'm not sure if turning on guest wifi this slows down your connection though. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.