bolynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 8:01 PM

How do I put Pace 5268AC Router in passthrough bridge mode?

Hello,

I have one of the new Pace 5268AC routers provided by AT&T Uverse and I want to put it in bridge mode so I can utilize my D-Link 3200AC Ultra Wi-Fi Router. There used to be a bridge mode setting in the past modem/router combo units that AT&T provided. However, I am unable to find how/where to put this Pace 5268AC router in bridge mode? 

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

Smiley Sad I still cannot get my IP set up correctly in the Pace 5268 but at least the ASUS RT-3200 is now set up as a cascaded router.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just purchased a netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. I need too know in plain English how to use it. Behind this Pace Gateway thing. Sorry I have 0 technical skills. I need baby steps.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

I just purchased a netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. I need too know in plain English how to use it. Behind this Pace Gateway thing. Sorry I have 0 technical skills. I need baby steps.

Even with my technical knowledge I still find this very difficult to understand to get this all to work out! I got on with AT&T's chat session and they said I would receive a call but never heard from them. This RG is still pushing out the wrong IP address! They said the my assigned IP was showing up on their end however my side says otherwise. AT&T's support is simply abysmal!

Now through all of my research I have found some blog here to help you out. I just need to put it all together!

Employee

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

so will it still work if I leave the wifi on? 

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

I just switched from Cable to AT&T for the gigapower internet. I had NO IDEA that this was going to be such an issue. I am not a power user but I assumed I would simply plug into my Nighthawk R7500 and go...WRONG.

I have skimmed through these answers.  On the first page there is a solution that basically says USE DMZ or Access Point.

I mistakenly tried bridge mode on my Nighthawk and that didn't work.

I re-read it and assume that I should have been using Access Point mode.

My question is as follows:

Which is better - should I set up the R7500 as an Access Point, or set up a DMZ on the Pace 5268AC Residential Gateway with the R7500 in the pinhole. OR, is there a newer answer somewhere in these 11 pages of answers that I haven't stumbled across yet.

Thank you so much!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I am getting my Uverse TV, Phone and ATT Fiber Internet installed on Tuesday next week. Skimmed through this thread as I will be connecting my Netgear Orbi to whatever modem/router combo they give me. Is it better to ask them for either a Motorola or Arris combo and avoid the Pace?

Also plan is to use the 3 LAN ports on the ATT provided router and have first one wired  to a 8 port switch in my entertainment center in the living room, secong LAN port connected to a 8 port switch in my bedroom and third one connected to a 4 port switch in the kids room. Plan to use the 4th LAN port to connect to the Netgear Orbi WAN port and then do the DMZ+ or maybe even use the Orbi in AP mode. Question is will this work?

Orbi will be primarily used to serving as a WiFi connection point and wireless on the ATT gateway will be disabled. Am I selecting the best configuration?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

If the Orbi is your only Wireless Access Point/Router, then I see no issues with your configuration, especially if you operate the Orbi as an Access Point.  If you operate it as a router, then it will have a network behind it that is distinct from anything networked to the three switches; devices connected to the Orbi should be able to reach devices connected to the switch, but traffic cannot originate in the other direction.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@tsteele93 wrote:

Which is better - should I set up the R7500 as an Access Point, or set up a DMZ on the Pace 5268AC Residential Gateway with the R7500 in the pinhole. OR, is there a newer answer somewhere in these 11 pages of answers that I haven't stumbled across yet.

Which is "better" depends on what you're trying to do.  If you had a wired network in a remote area of your home that you wanted to connect to the U-verse Gateway wirelessly, then bridge mode would have been correct.  If you just want better wireless coverage for your home, and you don't want the router features of your R7500 to work (e.g. UPnP), then placing it in Access Point is the easiest to implement.  If you need the router features of your R7500 to work, and you can connect all your networked devices to the R7500, then operate it as a router and configure the U-verse Gateway for DMZplus/IP Passthrough to it.  Regardless, if you have U-verse TV, do not connect any U-verse IPTV gear to the R7500 or the R7500 to a switch that also has a U-verse IPTV device on it.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

@JefferMC .. interesting comment on keeping all IPTVs separate .... so perhaps the best situation for me would be to put a Netgear Prosafe GS108E switch right by the ATT Gateway and then connect my 3 IPTVs to this switch and then connect my Netgear Orbi to the second LAN port of the ATT Gateway and use it as a IP passthrough (DMZ+) and have all my wired connections in my entertainment center connect to the Netgear Orbi router via a 8-port existing switch.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@fljoemon wrote:

@JefferMC .. interesting comment on keeping all IPTVs separate .... so perhaps the best situation for me would be to put a Netgear Prosafe GS108E switch right by the ATT Gateway and then connect my 3 IPTVs to this switch and then connect my Netgear Orbi to the second LAN port of the ATT Gateway and use it as a IP passthrough (DMZ+) and have all my wired connections in my entertainment center connect to the Netgear Orbi router via a 8-port existing switch.

If you can make the above work with your wiring, yes, that is probably a good idea.

There are others who are more hard core than I about not mixing IPTV and other network traffic.  I'm okay with mixing IPTV and network traffic, as long as the IPTV traffic isn't connected back to the same U-verse Gateway ports as a Wireless Router/Access Point and the IPTV traffic doesn't transit a Wireless Access Point/Router.

Wireless Routers/AP's normally don't know what to do with the Multicast IPTV traffic and this causes all sorts of issues that you don't want.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.