bolynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 8:01 PM

How do I put Pace 5268AC Router in passthrough bridge mode?

Hello,

I have one of the new Pace 5268AC routers provided by AT&T Uverse and I want to put it in bridge mode so I can utilize my D-Link 3200AC Ultra Wi-Fi Router. There used to be a bridge mode setting in the past modem/router combo units that AT&T provided. However, I am unable to find how/where to put this Pace 5268AC router in bridge mode? 

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I put this new pace 5286ac router in DMZplus mode and allowed it to pass through it's signal to another (my) router. As soon as I put the pace in DMZplus mode MY router began to allow me to reach the internet perfectly........I need someones advice who has one of these pace routers or is all knowing about them, because the manual I found online is useless.

After configuring the pace for DMZplus I discovered my web server, which is connected to MY router and accepts http and ftp traffic, is no longer allowing anyone to see my websites.....as if the pace router is blocking HTTP traffic maybe? All my computers are connected to MY router and the pace is just passing through the traffic. I have five static IP's from AT&T.....when I type the specific IP address to the site in a browser window it returns the dreaded 404 error...........Does anyone know if there is some other random setting somewhere that blocks HTTP traffic? Right now the only device directly connected to the Pace in this configuration is MY router......all my computers/servers are connected to MY router.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@thisisbrutal, if you have a router behind your 5268ac and you want the Public Static IP's to be passed to that router, you need to configure the "Cascaded Router" fields as well as the "Additinal Network".  This is where those fields are on my PACE 3800, the 5268ac should be similar:

Capture-2016-11-02-CascadedRouter.PNG

Click on Enable and fill in the base address of your range and the subnet mask and choose your router from the dropdown.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

JefferMC,

Thank you for trying to help me, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it........very frustrated now.

I tried using that cascade setting uitility you talked about but when I enter the subnet mask and ip data for the router it rejects it, think it does not like the subnet.........when I select cascade and put in the settings, it gives me an incorrect configuration and reverts to the previous setting (it was setup to point to an additional network).........curiously in the "choose the router that will host the secondary subnet" drop down it sees one of my wireless computers attached to it but does not see the router attached to it that I want to point it to. Previous screens in the Pace that deal with settings>firewall>pinholes applications and dmz it sees MY router but not here.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

I'm not sure whether you can mix DMZplus and Cascaded Router.  To use Cascaded Router with a Public Static block, you need both the Additional Network and the Cascaded router to be filled in.

You should already have Additional Network set up and you should see that the Router Address is the LAST of the block of 8 addresses and the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.248

In the Cascaded Router setup you should enter the FIRST address (i.e. 7 less than the Router Address) of the block of 8 addresses, the Subnet Mask is still 255.255.255.248.  If the router doesn't show up in the list, you can put in its IP address in the next block. So what is it's IP address?  Well, if you're doing DMZplus, it would be your dynamic public address.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Post #28 works. But I am not getting a high throughput whatsoever. Right now I am averaging 200-300Mbps down and 150-200Mbps up... Nowhere near 1Gbps up/down. I was able to get 900up/600down on ONE speedtest prior to configuring DMZ for my personal router, but those speeds are gone. 

Anyone else having low throughput as well?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Resetting my AE fixed this. Thanks so much!!!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

@brianlesays, I haven't had the pleasure of testing the 5268ac at such rarefied speeds, but would test as follows:

1. Remove your "real" router from the Pace and connect your speed-testing PC directly to it and make sure you are still getting 900/600Mbps.
  2. Go back to Settings->LAN IP Address Allocation and change the settings for that PC to Firewall->Disabled and Address Assign->Public (select WAN IP mapping).  (You may need to temporarily change the settings for your router on that page back to using the NAT-provided 192.168.1.x pool).
  3. Test again; if the speeds drop off, there's definitely a problem with using the Pace "bridge mode" we've described here.  If the speeds are still approx the same (the way I'm betting), the problem may be with your secondary router.

Either way, please let us know!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

JefferMC.....Thank you for trying to help me! So frustrated now..........tried what you suggested........no luck.......when I enter a cascaded router it overides the additional network settings I put in there previously.........and then does not accept the cascade settings........says they are invalid........also........I reset the Pace to kill off the DMZplus........settings in the PACE under broadband>status>current internet connection (the Pace is not even using my static IP)........settings are totally different than what AT&T told me to put in my router behind the pace.......do not see anywhere in the software where I can change those........think I need to but not sure since don't know much about routers........

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

HELP>>>>>>This post is directed to darknessrise or anyone who knows.........Sir/Madam..........I have tried pretty much every method on this forum to no avail..........your post is the only one that works BUT.........using your method #1 that you addressed to bolynn........my Black Knight router going through the AT&T Pace router works when it is in DMZplus.........BUT I cannot get my static IP to pass through the HTTP traffic……..the AT&T PACE gets an IP address automatically that it gets from AT&T when you hook it up…but that IP address is NOT one of my static IP's……so after I set the DMZ+ on that PACE to pass through the signal & traffic to my black knight router via DMZ+………do you know how to modify the settings in the PACE, get it and the outside internet population to see and use my static IP that I am trying to run my secondary (black knight) router on?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

@thisisbrutal,

I found another post that addresses using the Pace 5268ac with multiple static IP blocks from AT&T: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/klince/2016/02/15/psasetting-static-ip-address-with-the-att-u-verse-gigapower-router-pace-5268ac/

His configuration differs from @JefferMC's in that he does NOT use the Cascaded Router option; since you've tried so many different options, I would start by factory-resetting the 5268ac and removing all other devices.  Then disable wireless on 5268 so no other devices pick up addresses while you're getting this set up.  After that, his steps are basically:

• Go to Settings -> Broadbank -> Link Configuration and Add Additional Network: enter the Gateway IP address & Subnet mask that AT&T gave you; I believe the Gateway IP address should be 1 more than the last in the block of 5 assigned to you (e.g. if AT&T assigned you addresses xxx.xxx.xxx.41-45, then the Gateway address should be xxx.xxx.xxx.46 and the Broadcast address will be xxx.xxx.xxx.47).  Not 100% sure about this, but AT&T should be able to confirm.  Anyway, if you have been given 5 addresses, the Subnet mask should always be 255.255.255.248.  SAVE THIS!
  • Go to Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and change "New Device DHCP Pool" from "Private Network" to "Public Routed Network".  SAVE THIS!
  • Now plug your "Black Knight" router into one of the 5268's LAN ports (make SURE your router is set to DHCP for the WAN address!!).  Check the IP address it gets and it SHOULD be the first one in your allocated block.
  • Finally, go to Settings -> LAN -> LAN IP Address Allocation as we've done in previous setups and 1) Disable the firewall & 2) set WAN IP Mapping to whatever Public IP address you want the router to always use.

Repeat the last 2 steps for any additional routers or devices that need a public IP (I assume you have more than 1 since you've paid for 5!!).

Let us know how this new setup works...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.