bolynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 8:01 PM

How do I put Pace 5268AC Router in passthrough bridge mode?

Hello,

I have one of the new Pace 5268AC routers provided by AT&T Uverse and I want to put it in bridge mode so I can utilize my D-Link 3200AC Ultra Wi-Fi Router. There used to be a bridge mode setting in the past modem/router combo units that AT&T provided. However, I am unable to find how/where to put this Pace 5268AC router in bridge mode? 

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do I turn the WiFi back on once it's been disabled?
Thanks

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@AJH509

Once it has been disabled, you can turn it back on by going to the same wireless settings page at http://192.168.1.254 in your browser where you had originally disabled it. Instead, change the "Wireless Interface" drop down menu from "Disabled" to "Enabled." If you do not see those options for this model, then please let me know, I'm going off of memory based on a previous AT&T gateway I have had from the same company.

Keep in mind that the 5268AC has two wireless bands(2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) that need to be disabled/re-enabled.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hope someone is still here, the pace router is carring VoIP, and special considerations for this? 

I mean, I am adding Sonicwall and other than making the normal VoIP setting in Sonicwall, I guess I should just keep settings on the Pace.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Here is a link to the manual and also a pdf describing how I got my VPN to work using this router. 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6EF9B5E6C7C15B1!12056&authkey=!AB3eQrU-FIhio6Q&ithint=folder%2cpdf

Let me know if it was helpful to you, I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. 

Mark

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I am trying to also use my personal router.   Linksys WRT160N V2 is my router and I have a Pace 5268AC, I am basically a novice, I understand some terms.  But, I keep hitting roadblocks and fail to connect our computers and that failure wont let me get to my network drive. 

I tried the first option by going to AT&T administator settings and did the DMZ bit. 

I hope someone can hel; me in laymans terms get my network going like it did prior to our move to AT&T. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I can't seem to get this configuration to work with my Airport Extreme. When you select the Router in DMZ mode, do you then select passthrough for all applications?

Pace 5268AC

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@bladdtx

Yes, when you do DMZ, you will want to choose the last option of DMZ+(DMZplus/allow all aplications).

If you're just looking to use the Airport Extreme for its wireless capabilities and don't care about anything else, you might just be better off setting up the Airport Extreme as a wireless access point only(which turns off its router features) and forget all of this DMZ stuff. You can check the thread linked below for more information about that for the Airport Extreme(if you go this route, you'll need to undo the DMZ settings done):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3868306?start=0&tstart=0

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've successfully setup the DMZ plus mode, and my firewall has pulled an IP, but now I can no longer access the Pace gateway via the previously assigned IP, nor the gateway IP that has been assigned to the firewall.

Any suggestions?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Is it possible to bridge a Netgear 7550 to an ASUS router to use to access WIFI? I can't see spending $100/year for this router/modem that keeps dropping the wireless signal. Help, please!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.