For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lost1984's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 1:21 PM

I had a green broadband light and a red service light on my modem.

My modem is a NVG510, I had a red light on the service and a green light on the broadband, so i called att, they ran thru all the things we all do before we call them, but I did them just to amuse them, anyway, they told me it was the modem and that I had to buy a new one for 100 dollars, which is what i paid for the old one 2 years ago, maybe even more. Point is, why do I have to pay for another modem !! anyway, I didn't buy it, and I remembered my aunt has one just like it that she was not using, I called her and she gave it to me, I hooked it up and it worked fine...

could these modems be made to stop working after the "warranty" expires? maybe, but at least give me a discount or something I have been with att basically all my life...

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@lost1984 wrote:

My modem is a NVG510, I had a red light on the service and a green light on the broadband, so i called att, they ran thru all the things we all do before we call them, but I did them just to amuse them, anyway, they told me it was the modem and that I had to buy a new one for 100 dollars, which is what i paid for the old one 2 years ago, maybe even more. Point is, why do I have to pay for another modem !! anyway, I didn't buy it, and I remembered my aunt has one just like it that she was not using, I called her and she gave it to me, I hooked it up and it worked fine...

could these modems be made to stop working after the "warranty" expires? maybe, but at least give me a discount or something I have been with att basically all my life...

I don't know about those modems, but when a quick Google search shows "not very good," it makes you think.

Either way, a customer shouldn't have to pay due to AT&T's technical error...just my opinion. Now, of course, if you dropped it out a window or drove over it with a truck, then that's another story.

If you want an answer, send a PM to Customer Care. This team is a dedicated group of individuals that will see your concern through to a resolution.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @lost1984 

Sorry to hear that your service is currently down but, I'll be glad to help you troubleshoot this issue. It's possible that the issue is within the gateway but, I'd like to explore other possibilities because there could be an issue with the line. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox to gather your account info and run some tests. Thank you! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.