I can't get Netflix to cast from Mac to TV. Chromecast on TV screen says it's ready to cast.

Tutor

I can't get Netflix to cast from Mac to TV. Chromecast on TV screen says it's ready to cast.

I can't get Netflix to cast from Mac to TV. Chromecast on TV screen says it's ready to cast. Netflix on the Mac doesn't have the Cast icon.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: I can't get Netflix to cast from Mac to TV. Chromecast on TV screen says it's ready to cast.

While I don't have a Chromecast device to test the issue (or an Apple PC) Check out this support page and see if it helps any.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3046480?hl=en&ref_topic=2995192

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: I can't get Netflix to cast from Mac to TV. Chromecast on TV screen says it's ready to cast.

Finally got it to work. Spent more than hour on the phone with Support. I thought we tried everything and it still wouldn't "cast." (Couldn't get the icon to show up on Netflix screen.)

Here's what finally worked (I did this on my own.)

I needed to add the Google Cast extension to get Netflix to cast to the TV. I don't know why they didn't name it Chromecast Cast extension.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support