For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
HistProf68's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 12:03 AM

How to set up AirPort Extreme with Pace 5268ac?

Hi, I have a Pace 5268ac and am trying to set up an AirPort Extreme to use as my ethernet and internet router. Can someone please provide detailed, step by step instructions for a networking beginner?

I tried setting my router to router-behind-router detection (in Settings / Event Notification) and it kind of worked. Opened browser and got a message from ATT Uverse that a router had been detected and was going to switch into DMZ Plus mode if I just entered a password. What is this password? I tried Device Access Code, wireless password, admin but nothing worked.

Need some help, please and thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

I have been using an Apple Airport Extreme (AAE) with great success for years. It is not the newer tower model.

In using the AAE you will have two Ethernet/WiFi networks which could lead to challenges. Consequently, I disabled WiFi on the Pace 5268ac and only have the AAE and a DVR connected to the Ethernet of the Pace 5268ac.

After connecting the AAE to the Pace 5268ac with an Ethernet cable use the AirPort Utility to determine the IP address assigned to the AAE by the DHCP of the Pace 5268ac. Then configure the AAE with that IP address making it a permanent IP address on the connection to the Pace 5268ac.

The Pace 5268ac uses a network of 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 . On my AAE I use a 192.168.64.0 255.255.255.0 .

You should not have to do anything fancy on the Pace 5268ac. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

@HistProf68 wrote:

...Opened browser and got a message from ATT Uverse that a router had been detected and was going to switch into DMZ Plus mode if I just entered a password. What is this password? I tried Device Access Code, wireless password, admin but nothing worked...

It should be the admin password printed on the side of the Gateway.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The AT&T tech set up my Pace 5268ac a year ago replacing a DSL line with Uverse. At that time I was bridging the DSL modem and using an Airport Extreme (column model) as the router. Then I ran a long Ethernet cable from the Extreme to an Express right by my wife's desk and laptop. From there I jumped using wifi to reach a second Express feeding audio to a stereo receiver.. That worked. One password for the entire network.

The AT&T guy left me with two networks with slightly different names for some reason I never understood. Recently the Extreme had to be reset to the factor settings and the two network name setup no longer worked. What I think I now have is router in the Pace 5268ac, the Extreme set for bridging, the Express at my wife's desk seems to be receiving the Pace 5268ac signal and sending it back through the Ethernet cable to the Extreme and also woirelessly out to the Express by the stereo. 

How do I get back to bridging out of the Pace 5268ac and use the Extreme as the router? Or do I need to. The present setup actually seems to work but it seems illogical to wirelessly connect from the Pace 5268ac to a distant Express and then connect the Extreme by a long Ethernet cable back to the Extreme which is located right next to the Pace 5268ac. Do I have a problem. How should I fix it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Are the download/upload speeds the same? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.