For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Deniseln's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 19th, 2015 6:49 PM

How to connect a Wifi extender

how do I connect a Netgear wifi extender to my current Uverse wireless service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Deniseln- Use your browser to go here - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

The first block is Wireless Interface - the second item in the first block is the WPS

You will see it is disabled click it to enable it

No need for WPS PIN

You can click WPS button right there, too. You will need the modem gui password found on the side of the modem.

Click the WPS button on the netgear.

Since the WPS window is only a few minutes, do all this in the same room. When everything is green you are done. You can move the netgear to the current edge of range.

The WPS will go back to disabled because you did not save the page.

The WPS method cannot be used if it is not enabled & when it is enabled it is only open for a few minutes after you press the button

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the help. I actually was able to connect using the Netgear website, I just wasn't understanding this at first!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Deniseln- Glad to hear you got it going. I found the netgear instruction booklet confusing & it is difficult to post instructions.

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

8 years ago

I am trying to use a D Link wi-fi extender with U-verse. I connected using the buttons and the light is green. It shows as a U-verse extension and connects with good signal but cannot reach the web on any device. 

I went to the web page for my router and it shows wps enabled. 

Thoughts?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@beatfan4 Re: I went to the web page for my router and it shows wps enabled. 

That is just the first step. That makes it possible to use WPS.

To do the pairing, you press the WPS button on BOTH devices so that they are interacting & setting up.This times out in a few minutes if pairing does not occur.

You can use the physical button on the RG or the virtual button in the RG GUI (below the enabled check box). If you use the virtual button, you will have to provide the GUI password found on the label on the RG.

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

8 years ago

The extender is connected and has a solid green light. I can connect to the wi-fi ext with multple devices but can't reach the web. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am trying to connect a Linksys AC1200 range extender to U-verse router. I can find the ATT network on the setup page, type in the correct network password  but then It looks like the router is not sending an IP address from DHCP.   I tried resetting the U-verse router to the factory setpoints but still have the same problem.  I even tried a different extender (Securifi Almond) but have the same problem.      If I could use a wired connection I would but I am trying to connect a device on the other side of the house.

Has anyone had the same problem with wireless extenders and U-Verse routers?

Steve 

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Forgot to state it is a Pace PCl U-verse router.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a NVG599 that I just installed. There was a WiFi dead spot with the old device, and it's still there with the NVG. I looked at extenders, but there are all different ones, with various AC or N numbers. What would be the best number for the NVG599 unit?

Peter

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So far I haven't been able to access the internet via the wifi extender.  The extender sees the ATT router but isn't allowed internet access or complete the setup.  What setting needs to be satisified for this to work?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.